Chapter 15 - The Interview

Emily's POV:

Today's the day. It's finally Wednesday. We're flying to Texas and then... the interview. Demi told me that I can sit in on the interview. I think, she mostly just doesn't trust me alone, but I'm going to pretend I don't know why. Today is special. Today is important. Today is the day that things may finally go back to normal. No more flying. All the time. No more super early mornings. All the time. No more uncomfortable hotel beds. All the time.

I rolled out of bed and walked into the bathroom.

"Good, your up." Demi said.

"Yeah, I'm up." I replied.

I stood by Demi and applied my makeup.

"Did you sleep good?"

"Fine, just ready for this all to be over."

"Me too."

"You too. I thought you liked this."

"Well, 5 o' clock mornings and getting ready in a hotel bathroom isn't my ideal morning."

We chuckled.

I picked out an outfit. Black, short sleeved shirt that says self-love, a black leather jacket, black ripped jeans, and some black and gold superstar Adidas. The perfect outfit for an hopefully perfect day. We'll see.

"Ready." I said as I exited the bathroom.

"All right, grab your bags."

"I'm good." I replied.

"Excuse me Emily?'

"I said I'm good. You can grab my fucking bags."

"Grab your bags now young lady."

I didn't want to tell her that I can't. How could I tell her that they're too heavy? How could I tell her that I feel like I'm going to pass out when I carry them, because of the lack of food in my system. So instead, I decided to mouth off. It's probably going to get me in trouble, but at least she doesn't know the truth.

I walked out of the room, no bags in my hand.

Demi walked out of the room too, only her bags in her hand.

"Where's mine?" I asked.

"Either you carry them or they're staying here."

I sighed.

"Or you can tell me what's going on." She said.

"Nothing's going on."

"Emily, you just got mad at me for not carrying your bags. Something's going on. Talk to me and I'll go back in and get them." She told me while sitting down on the lobby sofa.

"I'm fine."

"You're not fine."

"Well, I'm not telling you out here." I told her.

She grabbed my hand and we headed back into the room. She motioned for me to sit beside her on the sofa.

"Alright, talk to me."

"I c-can't."

"Emily, please. I can only help you if you tell me what's going on."

I looked at her blankly.

"Is it your eating disorder?"

I looked away.

She turned my chin back, so I was facing her.

"It is, isn't it? You should've just said something instead of mouthing off, honey."

She placed all of our bags on the baggage cart that was in the closet and we headed out.

We barely made it to our 6 o' clock flight, but we made it.

We each sighed a sigh of relief as we got on the plane.

I put my earbuds in and listened to Demi's music. Don't tell her. Her music is very calming and I really feel like I can relate to it.

Before I knew it, the plane was landing. We are officially in Texas. Nice to breath in the warm Texas air.

"Finally back to my hometown." Demi smiled.

"What hotel are we staying at?" I asked.

"Oh, we're not staying at a hotel. We're staying at my parents house."

"Oh." I looked down.

"What's the problem?"

"I'm just afraid they won't like me."

"Oh, honey, they will love you."

I smiled and replied with "I hope so."

Demi called a limo driver and we headed to the Medalion hotel.

"Hey, Jim." Demi said as we got into the limo.

"How do you know him?" I asked.

"Medalion hotel." Demi told Jim.

"Jim is my limo driver every time I come back to Texas. Or at least Dallas. He's awesome."

I smiled.

Moments later, we were walking into the Medalion hotel. It's nicer than any hotel I've ever been in. The lobby is huge. There is a gigantic water fountain in the middle, several excalators, and people everywhere. Oh gosh, people.

I held Demi's hand as she led me to the conference center. I'm guessing she's been here before. She seems to know it like the back of her mind.

We sat down, patiently waiting for Ashley. I mean we're here like 10 minutes early, so it could be a while. Oh, nope... spoke to soon. I thought as Ashley walked into the room.

"Hi, Ashley." Demi said as she sat down at the same table as her.

"Hi." Ashley replied.

"How's your day going?" Demi asked her.

Demi's POV:

"Hi, Ashley." I said as she sat down at the same table as her.

"Hi." Ashley replied.

"How's your day going?" I asked her.

"Pretty good. Nothing exciting. How's yours?"

"Mine's going good as well. So can you tell me more about why you want this job?"

'Well, as I said on the application, I'm a really good driver. I take it very seriously. I actually have some experience driving a school bus for a few years, so I know how to drive buses. I've never been in a wreck. I prefer not to talk while driving, so I can really focus on it. So, if I'm ever quite, that's why."

"Perfect. Perfect." I said while jotting down notes.

"You said you've been driving since you were 14, correct?" I asked her.

"Yes ma'am." She replied.

"Call me Demi. I want to seem more like your friend, not employer."

"Employer? Does that mean?" She asked in excitement.

"Yes. You got the job. I'm leaving in a couple of days, so I'd like for you to start then. Sound good?"

I know you may be thinking, I don't have a bus. It was wrecked. Well, you see, my parents picked out a new bus for me. Pretty awesome, huh? They've always been super supportive.

"Oh yes, perfectt. Thank you Demi."

We shook hands and engaged in small talk on the way out.

Thank you for reading!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please VOTE and COMMENT!

Have a great day!

Love y'all!