Chapter 29 - Home Sweet Home

Plane rides are always so boring. I basically just sit there and listen to music, trying so hard to ignore everything Demi tries to say to me. She is really quite the talker. I'm not. Anyways, the plane landed and we took a taxi home. Basically, what always happens.

I spread my arms out as far as they could possibly go and said "home sweet home".

"At last." Demi said and we walked inside.

"Smells like new." I said.

Demi gave me a funny look.

"I don't know. I'm running out of words to say.

Demi smiled and shook her head at me.

"I'm going to unpack. I recommend you do the same and then maybe, we'll try to find something to do."

"Like what?" I asked.

"I don't know. Something."

"Okie dokie."

I lugged my bags upstairs and threw everything on my bed.

"I'm done." I went into Demi or mom's room and told her.

"Already?"

"Everything's out of my bags."

"Why are you s much like me?" Demi said as she threw all of her clothes on her bed.

"Alright. Let's go."

"We've barely been home." I said as I threw my body on the couch and turned on the TV.

"You don't want to go anywhere?" Demi asked.

"No, I think this jet lag is catching up with me.

"You know what? Me too." Demi said.

We turned on the ID channel and watched a shit ton of crime shows. Now this is a Saturday night.

1 hour later

"Alright. Now let's go." Demi said.

"Ugh, fine."

I threw my backpack/shoulder bag on my back and we headed out. Pretty basic. Everything's basic.

"Where do you want to go?" Demi asked.

"I don't know. A coffee shop."

"There is no way you can be 11."

"What?" I asked quizzically.

"You are way too mature." She responded.

"I feel like I've lived in this World more than eleven years. I've basically been to Hell and back."

"What?" Demi asked.

"With as much as I had been abused. It doesn't feel like I'm only eleven. My whole life, up until you adopted me was Hell, but you know, I don't really want to get into that right now."

"Alright." Demi said and she drove to Starbucks."

"This is the most white place there is." I said.

"What? You know I'm part white, right?"

"Yeah and I'm entirely white, just sayin' though."

"Oh Emily."

Thank you all for reading!

Is there anything that you would like to see happen in Starbucks? All ideas are welcome and if I use yours, I will dedicate the next chapter to you!

Don't forget to vote and comment! I love hearing what my readers think!

Love y'all. Have a great weekend!