Chapter 30 - Mornings Suck

Next Day

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Morning Emily." Demi said as I groggily walked down the stairs.

"Morning." I rubbed my eyes.

"I made coffee if you want any."

I nodded my head.

I poured my coffee and Demi followed me, sitting right across from at the table.

She stared at me for a while. I interrupted her and said "what?"

"The summer's almost over. I'm done touring. What do you think about going back to school?"

"You of all people should know what that is a bad idea." I retorted.

"I know thing's were bad at Southwind, but you're going to be going into seventh grade. I have you enrolled in a private school. It will be a fresh start. Things should be different and if not, then we will get back to homeschooling."

"Why can't we do that now?"

"Emily. I love you. You know that right?"

I rolled my eyes.

"It's just that, when we were doing homeschooling, you were getting detention nearly every day."

"And what makes you think that I'm not going to get detention at this new school."

"Well, if you get detention continuously, you're going to be getting grounded here as well."

"Oh great. Detention and getting grounded. Lovely." I said.

"Emily. Just give this a shot."

"Yeah, because you know, I absolutely love being punished all the time."

"It's not me or the school punishing you. It's simply disciplining because we care about you." She said.

"I hardly believe the school is going to care about me."

"Just give it a shot. Please."

I folded my arms and said "fine".

She smiled.

"How's the coffee? I tried a different brand."

"Don't try to change the subject." I said.

She walked over to me and embraced me in a hug. "I love you. I'm going to go get ready for the day."

"Whatever."

She went into her bedroom and I continued to sip my coffee.

Thank you all for reading.

Sorry I have hardly updated lately. I've been super busy.

What do you guys want to happen at this private school? Let me know in the comments section.

Have a great day! Love y'all!