Chapter 14 - New Driver

Emily's POV:

It's been two weeks since Tim passed away. Life's been kind of hectic. Demi's been constantly posting about the online application on social media, doing everything she can to find us a driver. Right now, we fly. Everywhere. Not to mention, flying. Is. Terrible. I hate it. 1. I'm afraid of heights. 2. My social anxiety acts up a lot when people are constantly surrounding us. I know you may be thinking, Demi has a private jet. Why not take that? Well, we would, but you see, Demi's private jet is all the in Texas. Dallas needed to borrow it and few months ago, or so I was told, and she still has yet to return it. Well, this is my life. Not that way it was supposed to be. No one thought Tim would die. No one thought, the first day of Demi's tour would start out with some horrible tragedy, but we're trying. We're managing. We're going to figure this out, Demi keeps telling me. I guess we'll see.

"Emily!" I heard Demi yell.

I stretched my arms and rolled out of bed.

"What? It's seven in the morning.

"I know. We have to catch the flight though. You can sleep on the plane."

See. I told you. Constantly flying.

"Ugh. Is this ever going to end? Why did Tim have to go and fucking die."

"Honey. No one saw that coming. I am sorry that you had to go through that though."

"Ugh. You went through it to. How are so fucking calm?"

"I don't know. Just am. Now go get ready honey we have to leave."

Demi's POV:

Who am I kidding. Demetria Devonne. Such a confident, bold name, but I feel like a total wreck. I'm only calm around Emily. I have to be. She's my daughter. I have to be her strength.

"Emily? You about ready?" I asked her as she finished up brushing her teeth."

"Yeah, just have to pee first."

"Alright, leave the door open a crack though, please."

"Ugh. Why? I'm fine."

"Just please."

I walked out of the bathroom and sat on my bed.

A minute later, Emily walked out with the loudest "ugh" you've ever heard.

I know she didn't use the restroom. I know she was only in there to slit her wrists, but did I say a word? No.

"Alright, let's go. Grab your bags?" I told her and we headed to the airport.

Ride to the airport was fast. Actually being able to get on the plane took forever.

After waiting in the most ridiculous line to have our bags put on the CT Scanner. Then five minutes to actually have the bags be scanned. Then we had to go through the metal detector as it beeped continuously as Emily went through it. Safe to say, Emily looked completely humiliated as she was patted down and all of her blades were removed from her. My fault. I should've done a check on her before we left the house. Then we had to stand in the line to get on the plane. Now, I'm tired. This whole process is ridiculous.

"Sorry." I said to Emily as we sat down.

"For what?" She asked curiously.

"Metal detector." Those two words reminded her.

"Right. Humiliating, but it's not your fault. You didn't make me bring them. I just... nothing."

I grabbed her hand and whispered in her ear "when you're ready to talk, I'm going to be here."

She nodded her head.

I pulled my laptop out of my back pack. Yes, I carry a back pack, plus a suitcase with me. Gotta be prepared.

I opened the application page to see 10 more applications filled out.

I scrolled down till one brightly colored one caught my eye. No, I didn't read all of them. Creativity is such a crucial factor when applying for me. This person had filled out the entire page in red highlighter that was offered as one of the utensils on the site.

Ashley Krimson - The name read.

She's never been faced with any criminal charges. Never had any DUI'S or been in a wreck. She takes driving very seriously. She wants this job because she loves taking trips and has enjoyed driving since she got her permit when she was 14. She's loved my music for as long as she can remember. She says she loves how I've openly spoke up about my story and being my driver would be a dream of mine.

"Emily. I told you it would all get better." I told Emily as I showed her the page.

"Awesome. Call her."

I took my phone out and dialed the number given to me on the application.

"Ashley. This is Demi Lovato."

'Oh, Demi. Hi."

'Hi, I just read through your application and I absolutely love it. Very creative and the fact that you take driving so seriously... amazing. I'm actually going to Dallas tonight, by the way, very cool that you grew up there too, anyways, I'd like to have an interview with you. If you get the job, I'd like you to start on Wednesday, right after the interview. Sound good? You free on Wednesday?"

"Yes and yes. What time?"

"How's 3:00 at the Medalion Hotel in the conference center?"

"Perfect."

"Awesome, I look forward to seeing you."

"Yeah. I look forward to seeing you to. Thank you Demi."

"No problem. Anything for a fan of mine and future driver. By Ashley. I'll see you Wednesday."

"See you then."

With that, we ended the call.

Thanks for reading!

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

How did you feel after Tim passed away?

Please VOTE and COMMENT!

Love ya'll!