Hearing the minister's proposal, Chil Yook could not help but to snap out. "No! I thought you are worried about the prophecy, that they should not cross paths. What you are doing will just make them closer. Besides, he will be interacting with the King and the Prime Minister whether we like it or not... Shun and I will go home! We will go back to our province, away from the capital. In that way, he will be safe."

"Think Chil Yook, think! Do you think you could protect the Prince with your current condition? You cannot even raise yourself up from bed without help. Hide? What if the Prime Minister finds you? Do you think he will not kill you and Shun? If you really want to protect your son, leave him to me. I will protect Prince Sae Yoo! And just in case you are worried about the prophecy, I will try to delay that by keeping Shun's identity a secret forever. We need to prepare for this one. Once Shun's identity got exposed, the wrath of the Heavens will surely devour the entire kingdom."

"Dae Wong, I am afraid of this. Thinking that the Prime Minister will see him every day gives me the creeps. Please, Dae Wong, just let us leave."

With a raised brow, the minister's eyes locked on Chil Yook's. "If you really want to protect Shun, do as I say. I am more capable of protecting the Prince more than you. Do your sacrifice for your son. I will give you some time to bond with him for the last time. Think about what I have said. Leave Shun—leave Prince Sae Yoo."

Just as when Dae Wong was about to stand, the door suddenly slid open. Standing by the door was Shun, together with Deok Cheol, who were chasing their breaths—panting and leaning by the doorcase. Shun got surprised upon seeing the minister talking to his father. He walked closer as he spoke, "The market place was a disaster. Looking for these medicines was a pain in the back. Oh, by the way, Lord Dae Wong, what brings you here?"

Dae Wong stole a swift glance to Chil Yook before responding, "Uh, I have heard from the Prince that your father is a blacksmith. So, I was just asking if he could make me a dagger when he recovers." he cackled.

"Excellent choice, Your Lordship! My father is the best blacksmith who ever walked on earth! His products are not just weapons; they are art! Would you mind making one for him, Father?" the boy turned to the old man.

"Err, of course, why not? It would be a pleasure." Chil Yook answered.

Clearing his throat, Dae Wong stood and bid his farewell words to them. "I shall go. The King is probably looking for me. Mister Muhyuk, please consider my offer." Dae Wong's eyes widened out, lips carving into a contemptuous smile.

"Take care, Lord Dae Wong," said Shun.

The minister smiled and left.

While waiting for the doctor to come back, the two boys placed the medicines on top of the table, beside Chil Yook's bed. The weak man asked Deok Cheol to give them some private moment for a while because he needed to speak with his son. After a low, courteous bow, Deok Cheol left the room, leaving the two inside in a heavy atmosphere.

Shun sat beside his father and held his hand. "I know that I am at fault, Father. I lied. But why did you even follow me here?"

With a grimace in his face, Chil Yook responded, forcing the right volume of voice to come out from his tired body. "I was just worried about you, Shun. I do not want you to be associated in this place."

"Why Father? Why do you have this irrational grudge in this place? What did the capital ever do to you? I do not understand. Do you mind telling me the reason behind your action?"

"Shun, I want to go home already. My life is getting fragile every second I breathe. I can feel my body weaken. I know that my time is near." a loud, scratchy cough unleashed from Chil Yook's windpipe.