Planning

Will POV

"Mom, do I really have to help?" I groan.

My mom is making me help her out for the planning of the wedding, which I don't want to do. I mean, it's her wedding, so why should I have to help?

"Of course you have to help, Will. You're going to be a part of this family too." She retorts. Of course I realize that some day the kids in this family are going to be my "siblings", but it's not like I'm going to be here at every second of everyday. I haven't even been back home in years and the only reason I came is because my mom basically guilt tripped me into coming.

"NAOMI, DEAR, CAN YOU COME OUT HERE?!" Mr. Anderson's voice rings from the back yard. My mom gives a loud sigh and makes her way over, leaving me to look at cakes.

Wonderful.

I peer over all of them, having small bites of each one and scoring them out of ten.

Chocolate Moose: 8.

White Classic with fruit: 8.5.

I'm just about to taste a pinkish cake when Nico walks in. "Hey." He says.

"Hi." I mutter, deep in concentration.

"Whatcha doin?" He asks and it makes me smile at the familiarity of the tone.

"Taste testing cake."

"Shouldn't the bride and groom be doing that? Considering since it's their wedding."

"You would think." I grumble. Nico takes a look around before walking closer to me and copying my posture, leaning against the island, his arm brushing up against mine. "My mother is right outside. If she catches us-"

"If she catches us, then we could tell her the truth." He interrupts. I groan, moving away from him and pushing my hands into my hair.

"You know I can't do that, or else she'll disown me."

"I know you think that, but what if she doesn't? What if she's supportive of you?

"And what if she's not?" I counter.

"Will." Nico says sternly. "Honestly, I'm not trying to force you out or anything. So please, tell me if I'm being pushy, but if you really think she... won't be supportive, then why have that negativity in your life?"

"But... She's my mom." I counter. Nico rolls his eyes before turning to leave. "Oh no you don't!" I exclaim, grabbing onto his hand and spinning him around to face me so he's pressed against my chest, bringing a blush to his cheeks. It's amazing to find that I still have this type of effect on him. "Where do you think you're going?"

"To go and out you to your entire family." He answers sarcastically. "I'm just going to take a shower." He tries to escape my grasp, but my hold is tight on his waist. "Can you let me go, please?" I pretend to think about it.

"I could." His slight smile drops and is replaced by a glare.

"Solace..." he grumbles. I lean down to kiss him and chuckle as he immediately melts into my arms. I let go of my grip around his waist to cup his face in my hands while his go to rest on my torso. I smile as I spin us and push him against the island, placing my hands on the back of his thighs so as to lift him onto it seconds later so I could rest myself between his legs. My tongue slides against his bottom lip to ask for entrance which he doesn't give. I slide my hands up to give his hair a slight tug to which he gasps, allowing my tongue entrance.

"Whoa, holy shit!" I hear. The voice startles me so much I back away from Nico, bumping my head into the oven behind me, causing me to kneel over in pain, groaning. "-take mushrooms. Shiitake mushrooms." I lean my head up to see who the voice belongs to and am relieved when I realize it's not my mother.