||Chapter Six|| Green Curly Hair

|| Aizawa's House, 2 am ||

The bath that you took wasn't the typical, ideal bath. At all, really. You barely moved, because you were basically frozen from fear of the water around you. It was really weird for you. You wouldn't, and I repeat, absolutely wouldn't let him touch you. You pushed his hands away with your quirk and were on the verge of tears the whole time. To be honest, you didn't really get cleaned. You just sat in a tub of water for 15 minutes.

After that, Aizawa had to change his jumper, because he was soaked. You just wore your hospital gown again because you didn't have anything else. He promised to go shopping later for new stuff. It took a little bit of convincing for you to leave the bathroom, but he managed.

Now, you were sitting on a chair in the dining table, completely frozen. Your eyes were the only thing moving, and they were peering around at everything. Everything that is completely to a regular person, like paintings, chairs and rugs were so weird and new to you.

"...What do kids eat?" The man mumbled to himself while searching his fridge for suitable food for you. "Uh... yeah, that'll do."

He found some cheese and some ham, and there was bread in the pantry, so why not make a ham and cheese sandwich? He really had no clue on what little kids ate, but a ham and cheese sandwich sounded good enough for what he had. He made it pretty quickly and carried the plate over to you.

He placed it in front of you, making it clink against the table and the break in silence made you flinch. "Here, kid. Eat up." You watch him take a seat opposite to you. "It's called a 'sandwich'. It's ham and cheese."

You look down at the plate in front of you. You've never seen a 'sandwich' before. It looks pretty weird. You were starving, though, since the last time you ate was days ago, just before your test with the Nomu. While you were at the hospital, you were fed through nutrients in the IV drip, but it wasn't a proper meal.

"No..." You quietly say. You lean away from the sandwich.

Aizawa raises a brow and looks at the sandwich and then you. "No? You don't want it?"

"...No." You repeat, a little quieter.

Aizawa was a patient man. Even with all your little mishaps, like sobbing it the car, screaming at mirrors, having panic attacks over what a shoe was and refusing to eat, he still remained patient. He was extremely patient, in fact. Not once did he get mad at you. He understood your situation and that you had to start from scratch. He cared for you.

"Well, you're gonna starve, kid." He says and you just look back at him.

You weren't being defiant, like a little brat or something. You just didn't want to eat it. It was weird and new, and from what you've learnt, new things are bad. If anything, you wanted to do everything this man said, to please him, but everything was freaking you out.

He sighs in defeat. "Fine." He gently stands up to not startle you and picks up the plate. "I don't want you goin' hungry though, alright kid?" He says in a kind tone and starts washing the plate in the sink.

"Sa-m.. S-Samd-wi-tch.." You mumble and Aizawa looks up from the sink to you. You were seriously making his heart melt more and more by the minute.

||

After Aizawa washed the plate and a couple other dishes while you sat and inspected the room from your seat, he placed the last dish on the drying rack and flicked the tea towel over his shoulder.

"Alright, kid. Bed time." He said and walked around the kitchen counter to the table. Your eyes followed him carefully and he set the tea towel onto the backrest of a chair. "Come on. Up and at 'em, kid."