06

6. drunk words & sober thoughts .

ileana
i open the door and see my aunt beatrice laying down on the sofa surrounded by beer bottles and cigarette butts.

the house reeks of alcohol and cigarette smoke and i want to exit for fresh air as soon as i enter.

i start up the stairs when she says

"where do you think you're going missssyy? your school called me,which means your bitch ass has some explaining to do."

she says,slurring her words due to being so heavily intoxicated.

"what's there to explain?"

i mumble,really not in the mood to deal with her drunk words.

which hurt,even though i try to convince myself they don't.. 

"heard your little bitch of a boyfriend hit you today."
  she muses.

"finally somebody did it. took him long enough."
  she continues on with a sick laugh.

i can feel the hot tears already threatening making an appearance. i try my hardest to blink them away,not wanting to give her the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

i don't understand why she's acting like this. i mean i never understand why she treats me the way she does and,i guess i shouldn't be surprised for it's nothing new.

but sadly,being used to something doesn't take away the fact that hurts.. bad..

"fuck you!" i spit out angrily.

"what'd you say to me you little shit?"
she says while looking like she is going to throw the closet thing in reach—a beer bottle.

"im not even gonna bother,he's just gonna do it again anyway,then you'll get the beating a selfish little bitch like you deserves in no time."
she says while laughing bitterly to herself.

this time she turns her attention back to the tv meaning the conversation is over.

instead of going to my room i storm out the front door slamming it hard behind me,resulting in incoherent yells coming from behind me as i walk quickly down the street to my girl best friend's house; sirena williams.

i knock on the door and within a few seconds mrs.williams answers the door.

"hi ileana,come on in!"
she says opening the door wider,signaling for me to enter.

"hey rene,good to see you!"
i say smiling and feeling a little better due to the comfort i get from being in what is like my second home.

"you too honey! go on up,sirena is in her room,
dinner will be ready soon,you already know you're welcome to join us!"
she calls out while walking away to the kitchen.

i jog up the familiar stairs to my best friend's room. when i get to her door i knock three times out of habit but push the door open to see sirena dancing all over the room with her headphones blasting music.

i walk over to her bed giggling and pick up a pillow and chuck it right at her.

"heyyyyyyyy!" she turns around but then grins widely when she see it's just me