03

3. best-friend vs. girlfriend

luke
we finally pull into the mcdonald's driveway but like always,the line is long as fuck.
"what the hell does a guy gotta do to get his fucking pancakes when he wants them!" i say irritated.

"errr,luke.. they're called hotcakes."
says ileana smirking,clearly trying to piss me off.

"ha-ha-ha very funny lewis,don't be a smartass or you're gonna be a smartass who walks to school."
i say even though i know i'd never actually make her walk to school.

"c'mon now lukey,you and i both know you'd never make me walk to school,now would you."
she says batting her eyes

i feel my cheeks start to burn up for the nickname lukey makes me blush like an idiot.

"ilean-"

"i know,i knoww! 'don't call me lukey it's so uncool and not manly' " she says clearly mocking me with her generic male voice.

i just roll my eyes teasingly in response.

but truthfully,ileana has no idea i secretly didn't hate it,i just don't need her knowing that..

after ordering, finally receiving our food and waiting in the drive-thru for what felt like ages,with no hesitation,ileana opens up her box of steaming hotcakes, proceeds to smother them in syrup and scarfs them down like there's no tomorrow.
i chuckle lightly to myself,i've always loved how ileana had no problem talking down a whole plate of food in front of others like most girls.

"whuut" she says staring at me with her mouth full of hotcakes looking like an adorable chipmunk. my thoughts are interrupted by the vibration of my phone signifying that i got a text. i unlock my phone and see i've got a text from my other best friend calum hood and my girlfriend odessa.

calum:D
luke could you get me for school tdy,mum left without me and i've missed the bus.

odessa<3
babe i need a ride to school,i'll be ready by 7 don't be late.

i shake my head in disapproval knowing ileana isn't going to be too happy about my picking up odessa.
i respond to calum first,then odessa and make my way out of the mcdonald's parking lot.

"wait where we going,school doesn't start for another 30 minutes." says ileana confused.

"calum needs a ride" i say,maybe forgetting to mention odessa as well.

"oh okay."
she says her mouth still stuffed with hotcakes.

as we pull up to the familiar house of my best friend calum i see him smiling as he walks towards the car, and sits himself in.

"heey calieee" says ileana excitedly.

"awe lena,you know i hate it when you call me that." says calum pouting.

"i know thats why i said it" says ileana smirking.

i continue driving,making my way towards odessa's house.

"school is the other way luke what are you doing?" questions calum.

"odessa needs a ride so we're picking her up."
i respond back.

calum and ileana groan in unison.

"hey she's not that bad once you get to know her guys." i say defending my girlfriend.

"yeah compared to a gremlin."
retorts ileana under her breath.

"good one lena!" says calum laughing.

i glare at him through the mirror and he quickly stops.

we finally pull up to odessa's house and i see her standing in front with her arms crossed over her chest. she walks up to the car and opens the passenger seat next to me where ileana is currently seated.

"tell the troll to move luke." says odessa.

ileana looks up at her,with an expression like she's about to beat the shit out of dessa.

"i was here first skank,get in the back."
retorts ileana.

"c'mon lena just get in the back."
i say to her lightly,not wanting this to escalate into a fight between my girlfriend and best friend.

"you're seriously taking her side luke?"
questions ileana.

"wel-" i begin to say but i'm cut off by ileana,

"y'know,whatever i'd rather sit with calum anyway."
mumbles ileana while getting out of the front seat and getting into the back with calum.

i mean.. of course i feel bad,ileana's my best friend but odessa's my girlfriend and i don't need the two of them fighting in my car..

we finally pull up to the school and ileana and calum are the first to get off the car and walk towards the entrance in what seems like a hurry,usually we walk in together,i wonder what has her in such a hurry.. she cant be that mad over what happened could she?
i brush it off and decide not to think about it any further and get ready to head to class with my girlfriend.

~~~~~

wellll,here's chapter 3! i'm not the happiest with how it turned out tbh but its okay. i tried not to make it drag but i'm not sure if i did a good job.
all ima say is i hate odessa already lmaooo! but if you enjoyed this chapter it would mean the world to me if you vote/comment/add this to your library so you know when i update!
if you're reading this,ilyyy & i appreciate you<33
~nyla<33