"A fury beast?" Romulus laughed as he pushed a stray strand of hair out of her honey eyes and behind her ear. "You know it doesn't work like that, Flower. As for anything else, I don't know. You're the first case from what we know who is a human mated to a werewolf. In our history we have had inter-species mating, but even that is more common than this."

'Looks like I'm tied to you for life.'

Romulus smiled at Lyla before pressing his lips against hers once again, moving slowly as he enjoyed every little bit of her soft skin. 'And I to you, my little Flower.'

"Lyla!"

Romulus immediately jumped up from his comfortable position into one of protection, his body hovering over Lyla's as his eyes turned from blue to black, staring at the person who entered their quarters. He growled, one of possession over Lyla who laid frozen underneath her mate with a look of confusion as she tried to look to see who barged in.

"What?" Romulus growled, his claws digging into the soft material of the velvet love sea they laid on.

"It's Venus."

A burst of adrenaline ran through Lyla's now heated veins as her hands pressed against Romulus' shoulders, pushing him back as she scurried herself off of the sofa. In her presence stood a frantic Lyla, his breathing labored as his eyes were red in color.

She looked to his cheeks, stained with tears as it caused her to go from frantic to scared, her body shaking as she stood on the marble floors and into the orbs of Liam. "Wh-what's wrong?"

Liam shook his head as his hands moved to rub his watering eyes. "Come on."

Looking to Romulus, all he did was nod his head as his hand reached out to hold Lyla's. Even though Lyla knew of nothing, she knew she needed Romulus, her lifeline, her support. It didn't take any words nor convincing as his fingers intertwined with her own small ones, latching together as they followed Liam out of the room and towards the other side of the palace.

No words were spared, only silence as Liam led the way. The only sound that could be heard was the pattering of their feet against the marble flooring, and in Lyla's mind the sound of heart beating a million miles a minute. Although no news typically meant good news, this was agonizing for her heart as she felt it crush inside her chest.

Liam never cried nor showed pain, but seeing him distraught told Lyla something was wrong, painfully wrong. She had known him practically their whole lives, knowing his emotions as if it were the back of her hand. She knew him like a book, every page, every word, every chapter of his being. But this was far too uncommon, more uncommon than her mating with Romulus.

Soon enough the three stood outside of Venus' room where a royal guard stood. He latched eyes with the Alpha and Luna immediately as his posture became more upright before opening the large wooden door.

First entered Liam, then Lyla, and lastly Romulus as they were greeted with the soft chattering amongst the small amount of people in the room. Lyla was more confused than ever, her eyes scanning over her surroundings in Venus' room as they fell on the bed where her best friend rested with tear ridden orbs.

"Venus." Lyla croaked out as she let go of Romulus' hand and past Liam. "What's going on?"

Tears entered Lyla's honey eyes as she looked over to a doctor she didn't recognize that stood beside Venus. The doctor, a female, remained silent as she bowed her head in respect towards the future Luna before letting her gaze fall to her patient once again.

Lyla's eyes followed the doctor's pair, grazing across the bed until it fell on Venus' hands that rested on her stomach, following a choked sob that escaped the young girls mouth. Next came the deep inhale of Romulus who stood protectively behind Lyla as realization dawned on him...and then Lyla.