twenty seven

P

P.S. Goal: 20 Comments & 20 Votes

Lyla chewed on the end of her pen as she stared out the window that looked onto the school grounds training fields. It was only her second class of the day; she already found herself being bored to death. But her mind was also clouded up with the thoughts of Liam and Daeva who were now hidden thanks to Lyla's quick thinking.

As soon as Lyla had brought Daeva to her home, she let Liam and Daeva have their moment of bliss before sending them on their way into hiding. Although she hated to cause both of them pain, the only way to keep them safe was to hide their scent, only done by the work of wolfsbane.

Wolfsbane worked in mysterious ways, but also shed pain upon the werewolves that consumed it. Daeva, who already had it in her system knew her scent would be masked for the next day, which then it fell upon Liam. Lyla let Daeva do the injection herself just so Liam could handle it more, but it was still painful to watch.

It was like injection lava into someone's bloodstream; it burned you alive. But with the right dosage, it didn't kill werewolves, only preventing their wolfs and the scent being hidden away. It took an hour for the side effects to fade, and Liam's withers of pain to cease before they left to where Lyla had sent them, to the place where it all began.

Her father's boat.

She remembers the summers where her father would take the family out on the boat for his annual fishing trips and endless amounts of swimming in the ocean. It was a big enough boat, able to fit five people, which was perfect for Lyla, her parents, and her friends. And it was also the way she was brought home to Astoria. And, where Romulus found her.

They were safe, and they were given the alone time they were craving, which was all that mattered to Lyla. Liam deserved this more than anyone after giving his life to protect her, and to be the voice for her and Romulus. He deserved more than anyone, and Lyla made sure he'd receive it.

But as she was staring out the window, her mind in a haze of complete fantasy and her thoughts, she failed to hear the heavy footsteps in the school's hallways, and then the shattering of glass inside the classroom as the door swung open.

Her head quickly swung up as she let out a gasp of shock, only to meet the golden orbs of an angry Alpha Romulus. "LYLA!"

All eyes turned to Lyla who sat in her seat, frozen, as she stared into the eyes of her mate who looked like he wanted to rip her to pieces. She didn't say anything, instead staying silent, watching his movement as he stalked over to her.

He weaved through the multiple desks as he took his long strides to his mate, all the students watching their Alpha in fear of what he was about to do with the human. The professor didn't stop the Alpha either, only watching on as he held no power in this situation. Romulus was the Alpha, after all; he dictated what will happen no matter where he stands.