thirteen

P

P.S. Goal: 16 Comments & 16 Votes

ROMULUS MADE IT no secret to where he was heading when his blue eyes landed on a star-struck Lyla who stood next to a proud Venus, grinning from ear to ear. As his sights were set on her, his boot shielded feet took long strides over to where they stood by Venus' car.

It didn't take long for people to notice their Alpha as his presence always brought a dominating shift to the air. His aura screamed power and authority, making the bystanders bow their heads in respect as he would stride past. But it didn't shake the confusion of the people who watched on.

His long locks blew in the wind as his crescent moon necklace jingled against his hard chest. Lyla hadn't noticed the necklace until now; meanwhile, he wore it every day. She only saw it because when the light hit it, it casted glare in her direction, shining right onto her face.

The long strides came to a halt, his boots no longer shaking the ground as he stood in front of a shocked Lyla, and a giddy Venus. As he stood in front of them, he couldn't stop the small smile that formed on his face as he stared down at his mate. He took a minute analyzing her with his eyes, soaking in the beauty that laid before him, admiring what he called his.

But what made him smile the most was the fact that she was wearing his scent as the jumper she wore was still covered in Romulus. Reaching forward, he brushed the hair that shielded Lyla's face from his as her head was bowed down in shyness, something she knows she'd never be able to shake off with him.

His thumb ran across her further reddening cheeks as he pushed her dark brown hair behind her ear, before tilting her head up to look into his eyes. Every time they saw one another, they would always have a moment to speak with their eyes, something that has become an unintentional tradition. He loved it, as did she.

"You smell like me." Romulus deadpanned, causing Lyla to blush more at his words. "I like it."

Not once did he take his eyes off his mate, eyeing her up and down and breathing in her mouth-watering scent. He felt like a kid in a candy store when he looked at her. He watched her grow up in a beautiful woman, a beautiful woman he could finally call his: his, and his only.

"Lyla says thank you," Venus said as she nudged Lyla who only glared at her in response. "Excuse her mute-ness. She's just experiencing shock and anxiety at the moment. She'll return to normal shortly."

"I swear, Venus..." Lyla muttered under her breath as Romulus chuckled at their interaction. As much as people assumed he had a heart of stone when it came to Lyla, it melted away. "I'm sorry...I'm just shocked that you're here...in public."

Romulus eyes glanced away from Lyla to eye the crowds that watched them intently. At least a hundred students watched their interaction, confused and intrigued with what the Alpha was doing with Lyla and Venus. But before their eyes could linger anymore, Romulus let out a deafening growl to the students, shaking the island at his tone.