twenty six

P

P.S. Goal: 20 Comments & 20 Votes

"WHO THE FUCK does he think he is?!"

It was the next day, a Sunday morning as Lyla, Venus, and an angered Liam conversed in the family room over brunch. After coming home, the previous day to her parents that held a sobbing Lyla in their arms, Liam stayed over for the night as him, and she remained awake until the break of dawn. Whether it was in silence or Liam shaking in anger and pain, neither of them slept, both in need of each other's company.

Now in the family room they sat with their brunch prepared by Penelope who said along with them, as well as Cedric as they listened to Liam's screams of frustration. He described it as his skin being melted off by wolfsbane from the separation from Daeva. He was in pain, mentally and physically. He had just found his mate, only for her to be ripped away.

Lyla felt his pain as Romulus' words cut a hole in her heart. She kept hearing them replay over and over in her head, him degrading her and letting her be known she'd never be his equal. Already breaking his promise, he held his position over her like a toy to a cat, teasing her place in the world as if she'd never had a chance to voice her opinion.

But just like him, she broke her promise to hurt him, even though she regretted it deep within her soul. Romulus had made her promise never to call him Alpha again, but he pushed her and tore her down, sending her to do the one thing she knew that would cause him an aching pain in his heart. And it worked.

In the midst of Liam's words of anger, Penelope watched his fists clench and unclench numerous times before tossing him a pillow she didn't care for that he quickly grabbed and ripped into two. "Thanks, Mrs. Darcy."

"Anytime." She winked as she sipped on the second cup of her morning coffee.

After ripping the pillow in two, Liam dropped to the floor with a thud, pulling his legs up to his chest as he leaned his head on them for support. "It's killing me...Why? Why? I just fucking found her."

Lyla felt his pain in her heart as she looked on, quickly standing up and placing herself sat down next to her best friend, wrapping her arms around his side. Liam needed his mate, but Lyla was there to fill the role in some way of giving him comfort. He knew she understood better than anyone. She watched it all, and she fought for him. Just like how he did for her.

"Only time will tell what they decide to do," Cedric announced as he folded his newspaper and tossed it onto the coffee table. "I don't want to be the negative Nancy here, but she came as a trespasser, and even though she protected Lyla, I think she knew what she was doing. Her right doesn't cancel her wrong, but it should mean something."

Even though the truth hurt, Liam knew he was right. Even then, he wished mercy could have been shed on his mate. It had taken Liam nineteen years to find her, and as soon as he did, she was ripped away from his grasp. He couldn't even hold her. Kiss her. Love her. Never given a chance, only having to listen to her deafening screams as she pleaded for her mate.