thirty

P

P.S. Goal: 20 Comments & 20 Votes

Lyla's chest heaved with adrenaline and anxiety as she sprung herself up from her deep realm of sleep. Managing to pull her body out of Romulus' hold, she sat up, her breath and body shaking as she eyes laid wide in shock. Her hands gripped into the sheets she slept under until her knuckles turned a ghostly white. Sweat trickled down her face as the dream was nothing but the same as the one she had days prior.

Seeing Queen Gisella.

Immediately her worries began to fade as Romulus' hand came in contact with her back, rubbing it soothingly to calm his stressed mate. Her eyes clenched shut as she let out a deep breath, it rattling as it exited her lips. Pressure laid over her chest, leaving a hundred-pound weight that crushed her heart.

Those eyes flashed upon her mind again, reminding her of the words that seemed to haunt Lyla whenever she slept. Three times she had heard those words in her sleep, and it all made her panic even more than the one prior. It left her skin crawling with fear as the feeling of nausea came upon her stomach.

"Flower, what is it? What's wrong?" Romulus whispered as he wrapped his arms around his mate's slim waist, pulling her in between his legs as Lyla tried to soothe her breathing pattern. "What did you see? What did you say?"

His chest pressed against her back, his warmth and touch tingling her skin as it attempted to remove her anxiety rumbling in her heart. This dream was paralyzing to the mind for reasons she didn't know why. It left her in a puddle of confusion and pain as it felt as if someone was squeezing her heart in their hand.

To further help his mate, Romulus pressed butterfly-like kisses up and down her shoulder and neck, by no means seductive or sexually, only loving. Lyla felt herself fall further into Romulus as her heart finally began to respond to him and not her dream, finding herself falling back into her usual self slowly but surely.

"The blood of an Astorian Alpha will make us rise again..." Lyla whispered to him as Romulus halted his kisses, only to let them sit in the silence of words that felt like a round of gunshots.

But as the silence settled in with both Romulus and Lyla falling into their thoughts, glass shattered from her balcony doors as a rock came flying through it, breaking both of their thoughts, and Romulus' calm state.

Immediately, Romulus jumped off the bed and shifted into his wolf, his wolf acting on instinct as the rock came hurling in and onto the bed he once lied in. Growls erupted from his muzzle as he snarled out from inside Lyla's room, then breaking the doors with his massive head to see who did it.

As Romulus broke open her balcony doors, Lyla's parents came running to see their daughter in shock as she watched Romulus look around the area. Almost immediately howls echoed through the kingdom, signaling that warriors were on their way to the scene as Romulus didn't want to leave his mate alone.