six ; part two

P

P.S. Just imagine the ballroom on a larger scale compared to the image above. Happy reading!

THE RIDE TO the palace was uneventful as Lyla, her family and Liam piled into the SUV parked in the driveway. It was quiet besides the music softly playing in the background of the car, her parents conversation overriding the soft melody.

Lyla remained quiet as they arrived at the palace, her parent's conversation halting as all doors of the car on both sides were opened by the valet workers who took the keys as soon as they exited the vehicle. Liam came around to Lyla's side and held his arm out to her, hers then instantly intertwining with his own as they walked around the car to meet her parents.

Cedric kept his arm wrapped around his mate as they thanked the valet workers before ascending up the marble staircase that led to the main palace doors.

Everything screamed royalty and riches as the build of the palace was made of the most beautiful stones and marbles across the world. The gardens were planted with vibrant colors, full of greenery and sweet smells that would flood your senses. It was the smell of gardenias, Lyla's favorite scent.

Royal blue was found all over the palace in the flags and banners as it was the Alpha's family color. Every island was given a color to represent the alpha family of each, and royal blue was given to the royal alpha family, the Astor family.

Their family crest, a crescent moon with an 'A' over top of it was found at the doors of the palace, its intensity radiating into the eyes that looked at it, casting an emotion of intimidation to linger in the air. Shall no one ever cross the paths of the Astor family, or blood will be shed.

Two of the guards at the palace doors opened them in sync, causing the music of the foyer turned ballroom to escape the venue.

The foyer turned ballroom was vibrant with people, music, food, and alcohol as people were dancing under the crystal chandeliers across the marble floors. Heels clicked, and glasses clashed as they said their cheers of enjoyment and bliss. Not a single face held a look of disappointment or sadness as the night was young, and it had only just begun.

The ballroom was shades of white, gold and silver, royal colors complimenting each other throughout the architecture of this masterpiece. The interior of the palace matched those of French descent, their architecture detail, and beauty captivating those who would lay their eyes on it.

Grecian pillars lined the ballroom, creating a three-sixty balcony to view the entire ballroom from the floor above. And above all else laid the mural, following the talent and likeliness of Michelangelo, a renowned painter of Astoria gave us the ceiling of our Moon Goddess.

In the eighteen-hundreds, the early years of Astoria and the Luna Dea islands, a man by the name of Carleno painted what we still have today, the mural of our Moon Goddess, Dea. Her beauty and grace being surrounded by all werewolves and the moon, creating a beautiful painting that will be here for centuries to come.