fifty two

P

P.S. Goal: 21 Comments & 21 Votes

It was in the afternoon that Lyla and Romulus finally left their quarters to join the rest of the palace. As much as it pained Romulus, he parted ways with his mate to tend to his duties as an Alpha. Lyla knew little of the information overall, only containing the important notes such as a visitation from a neighboring island and increases in border patrol.

In the day spent alone, Romulus' father, Alpha Leonardo had returned to the palace, but this time he was bed ridden. Unable to move the majority of his body as wolfsbane still ran through his blood, he still requested to be in the comfort of his home rather than the hospital. Nurses now lived within the palace walls and a doctor was in order to make continuous rounds to the Alpha every few hours.

No one wanted Alpha Leonardo to be home as he was safer in the doctor's full time care, but he didn't listen; the stubborn old man inside his soul leaking out like lava as he still bared his Alpha mannerisms.

Lyla had yet to see him, the thought making her nervous as her last memory of the ailing Alpha was his pained expression after saving her life. She felt guilt rise in the pit of her stomach as her eyes watched the snow softly float to the ground.

Resting in the green room, Lyla was accompanied by Liam, Venus and Daeva, all sat together on two loveseats as they enjoyed the winter afternoon. Daeva and Liam looked as in love as ever, their gazes never leaving each other as they whispered sweet nothings in one another's ears. Venus sat with Lyla, her body laid out on the soft cushioned sofa as her legs laid overtop Lyla's own pair.

It was a quiet afternoon accompanied by treats made by the chef and fresh lemonade and orange juice. After an exhausting yet enticing night Lyla endured, she enjoyed this quiet time with her friends as it distracted her mind from Romulus. She missed him more than ever, their distance only causing an ache in her heart that thumped for him.

"Do you guys think I did the right thing?" Venus abruptly asked causing everyone to pause what they were doing and give an anxious glance at the pregnant she-wolf.

"What do you mean, V?" Lyla pressed as she tried to play dumb.

"You know what I mean; Caden." Venus said his name in barely a whisper as if it were a curse to ever mutter it again.

"You did what was right by your heart and the pup." Daeva stated lightly as she leaned into Liam's embrace. "You wouldn't had done it if you had any doubts."

For knowing the three for such a short period of time, Daeva had learned their mannerisms so quickly it shocked them all. Daeva was an innocent soul yet she always had words to share that somehow always benefited them, especially Liam. Coming from a tortured life, she saw the light in situations. It reminded Lyla of herself almost, and maybe it was why she took a liking to her so quickly.