forty five

P

P.S. Goal: 21 Comments & 21 Votes

"I've still come to no conclusion, Alpha, Luna."

Sitting in the comfort of their bedroom in the early evening joined their doctor from the week prior who tended to Lyla's wounds. She had come to learn his name, Dr. Cornelius, the finest doctor on the island who had been asked to study Lyla and her now fascinating ability to mind-link Romulus.

It had come as a shock to everyone, no one expecting the marking of Lyla to hold no significance besides long term scarring. But now heads have turned in the event of Lyla being able to mind-link Romulus, her voice now in his head as much as possible as Romulus always kept his end open for her and vice versa.

A few days had gone by until she had grasped the ability of mind-linking Romulus, something that took a bit training to learn the basics of on how to turn and turn off her communicating abilities. But still, even with this knowledge, it shocked Lyla most of all who wished to know everything possible as to why this could be.

Dr. Cornelius sat across from Romulus and Lyla, his usual clipboard situated on the table that rested between them as it let out a sigh of discontentment. "My best guess would be when marking her, it opened up that portal between your minds to perform this with one another. It would explain why she can't mind-link anyone but you. But the only way to put that to the test is if someone else were to mark her but of course we would never risk that, Alpha."

Romulus growled at that suggestion as he griped his hold around Lyla's waist even tighter as he had her sat on his lap. Lyla shushed him lightly in his mind then slowly running her hand up and down his back as he tamed his inner wolf. Even the suggestion ticked him off, the thought of another werewolf marking his mate setting his blood to a boil.

"We thank you for your service, Doc." Romulus gritted out as his eyes remained a dark blue shade.

"Of course, Alpha. I'll be back tomorrow to re-dress your wounds, Luna." Dr. Cornelius stated as he stood up from the velvet loveseat with his clipboard in his grasp. "Have a good evening."

As soon as the doctor had left, Romulus immediately slid Lyla off of his lap and laid her across the soft cushioning of the couch they sat on. Both of his arms encased her body as they rested beside the sides of her head, his breath fanning over her face, a minty tinge to it as it flowed across her skin.

Softly, his lips brushed against Lyla's as her arms wrapped themselves around his neck, a smile gracing her face as she stared into the orbs of her lover. "You're mine."

Romulus' growl vibrated across his chest as his words echoed in the room, reminding Lyla who her heart belonged to. She didn't fight him, only agreeing as her lips danced against his own pair in a gentle kiss.

"Always." Lyla said back with a smile before Romulus flopped his body to the side of hers, then draping his arm across her waist. "Do you think anything else is going to...I don't know, change? Like, am I going to turn into a fury beast or something?"