First Word

Hi, we are going to progress a bit more in the main plot.

It is going to be a small chapter but it will be the first stone for the plot.

The music is This is War byThirty Seconds from Mars.

Enjoy.

General Pov.

Beam was looking at his best friend, Yo. The latter was biting the frozen plastic ring relentlessly.

Something they both had in common.

The other thing was their older brothers.

Beam loved his older brother, Pha even if he wasn't sure what the word meant but since their parents kept saying it had to be true.

After all, he felt those same fuzzy feelings when his mother was giving him a kiss or when his father was carrying or when Pha is hugging him.

Yeah, he loved his big brother!

He also loved Yo because they were the same...well almost the same.

Yo wasn't talking big words like him.

Beam knew how to say Pha, Dad, Mae, Pumpin, Nom nom and many more. But Yo was using a language Beam could understand and speaks but he would like his friend to share the joy of a new language.

Beam wasn't saying crying wasn't good, because it made the tall people working faster, but speaking was way better.

It was a step ahead.

Which shouldn't be too difficult because Yo was proficient with walking on his two feet and they loved to race.

"Pwah!" Yo shouted to gain his dear friend's attention. The latter seemed lost in his thoughts.

Yo stood up on his shaky legs, helping himself with his small arms and he waddled in direction of his friend.

Said friend was just ten tiny baby steps from him.
Once close enough, he let himself plopped down next to Beam.

Startled by the quick movement, Beam turned to see Yo staring at him curiously.

Then Beam got an idea.

*                                  *                                    *                                  *                                   *                                     *

Dylan didn't understand what was going on.
He came back from work to see his cute and happy family but instead he was met with mayhem.

Forth was crying his heart's out as if something terrible happened to the universe.

Pha was also crying heartbrokenly.

Namneung and Can were trying to calm the little boys.

Dylan glanced at his brother in law but the latter had his trademark poker face on.
So he turned to the only beings that will acknowledge his presence.

"Hi, my baby Yo and Beam!" He greeted cheerfully.

Yo, who was watching Forth, turned his head so fast that his father was scared he ended whiplash.

The little boy ran towards his face with his little arms outstretched in front of himself.
Anticipating the accustomed misstep, Dylan shortened the distance between them and caught the toddler mid-air.

Yo blinked before he giggled wholeheartedly.

"Hey! How is my little angel? Good?" Yo nodded while rubbing his head against his father's shoulder, feeling happy to see his father.

And then, this end of the world happened.

"P'B!" Yo said pointed his finger in direction of Beam who was glowing at the recognition.

"No! That's my Beam!" Pha shouted in response.

"I am supposed to be your Phi, Yoooo..." Was Forth's answer before it was drowned under litres of tears.

"P'B! Me!" Yo shouted so loud that Dylan had to hold his son differently.

"No! He is mine!" Pha shouted back.

Beam watched the shouting contest back and forth like it was a very entertaining tennis match. Not understanding he was the cause of the chaos.

*                                           *                                     *                                 *                              *                            *

"What happened?" Jee asked later in the day after picking up her sons with her husband.

"Yo had his first word. And his word was basically Beam." Namneug explained tiredly.

Who could have thought such an innocent word would start an on-going war between the brothers? 

Until fate decided to bring them back together.

Ta Da.

I hope you enjoy it.

The three or four following chapters will be fillers until the real big deal.

See you soon.