Birthday Party

Hi, I am sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes. I am posting this chapter while waiting for my train. ☺ (I will correct it when I am back or well rested).

Anyway, enjoy and have lots of fun with those cuties!

General Pov.

"Don't worry Beam. I will protect you from the Ultimate Evil and her minions." Pha promised to his oblivious little brother.

They were dressed nicely in small tuxedos.

For some irrelevant reasons, Uncle Ming decided to organise a birthday theme for his beloved daughter.

And Pha wasn't thrilled about the all thing.

'At least, Beam is cute!' He thought while gazing at his little brother proudly.

Beam was busy biting his frozen jelly ring. Not that his teeth were hurting anymore but the toddler loved the tiger theme ring and to put things in his mouth.

The toddler glanced up at his older brother and he grinned when he realised he had Pha's undivided attention.

Feeling overwhelmed by affection for his little brother, Pha kissed him on his brow.

A flash from a phone broke him from his trance. The little boys blinked surprised by the light, they spotted not too far away from them their maternal grandmother who was gushing over their cuteness.

"Aw...this is perfect! My two little princes are dressed perfectly."

"Granny Sophia! You notice it, too? Beam is just too cute! You have to help me to protect him from Pring and her friends!"

Sophia blinked at her grandson's odd demand wondering secretly if she heard correctly but the little boy was waiting for her answer expectantly.

She was saved from answering when her son-in-law came downstairs, a top hat in his hand and a coat over his arm.

"Thank you for looking after them, Sophia. I still don't understand why my little brother wants even the adults to dress up." He complained while pulling on his collar.

"Dada!"

Sathit looked down to see Beam grabbing the bottom part of his trousers while the toddler pulled himself up. His son was speaking gibberish and he seemed excited by the incoming birthday party.

"Are you excited to go to your first ever dressed up party my littlest prince?" Sathit asked his son with a bright smile when Beam answered it with an, even more, brighter one.

"Daddy!"

"Yes, Pha?" Sathit answered carrying Beam, who put his father's tie in his mouth.

"Help me to protect, Beam!"

"But from what? Beam is perfectly fine, plus Yo and Forth are going to be there..." Sathit answered not understanding why his son was so worried about.

Sophia watched the exchange, amused, and she couldn't help but be a bit sorry for Sathit.

'If only he knew what's coming.'

A call from her daughter who was upstairs, made her missed the incoming royal drama.

"Not what, daddy! Who! I am talking about Pring and her friends! They are going to steal Beam from me."

'Him? When did he become so possessive?'

"No one is going to steal Beam from us. Pha, it is your cousin's birthday and I want you to be nice with her."

"But..."

"No but! Pring is a nice little girl. How would you feel if someone you invited to your birthday party is going to be mean?"

"I won't like it..."

"Exactly, so be nice."

As if to back Sathit's words, Beam squealed happily, pointing a small pudgy finger to his older brother.

Pha nodded with a blushing face making his little brother beaming at him.

'Wow! Beam is so shiny!' Pha thought awed by his little brother's contagious happiness.

Sathit rolled his eyes and his eldest son's weird antics.

'Seriously! Pha has a brother complex!'

******

The children were having fun chasing one another while Pring's group of friends were busy gushing over the birthday girl amazing tiara.

Pha and Forth has been encouraged strongly by their parents to mingle with the other boys who were invited.

Surprisingly, the boys had an excellent time at the party. Pha even let Pring gave him a kiss on the cheek. Forth has declined straight ahead, he won't give her any gift if she kissed him.

Far from being sadden, Pring nodded before she wrestled with the paper wrap to discover her gift: a surgeon Barbie, the one she wanted!

Everything was good until, Yo who was napping, woke up crying for his mother's attention. Drawing a dozen of little girls attention.

Before Forth could say anything, the girls were forming a circle around a needy Yo who cried louder when he saw the unknown faces.

Pha frowned when he realised the loud crying and the girl constant squealing were about to wake up Beam.

"Move out of the way, uglies!" Forth shouted to the girls who blinked at him and they went silent.

The grown ups blinked too, surprised by the profanity and the slightly commanding tone. Namneug took Yo in her arms, the baby attempted to  latch his small arms around her neck, quieting down a little bit.

A small sniff was heard before it went into a full fledge sobbing, then another and another.
In less than a minute, the little girls were crying.

"Stop crying! You are going to wake up my little Beam! Stupid girls!" Pha shouted making the crying grew louder.

"Phana Kongthanin!" Sathit scolded.

"Come here!" His mother ordered, still shocked by her eldest son.

"But Mae, they started it! You should scold them not me!" Pha shouted before he busted into tears.

In the end the birthday party had to be cut short. Sathit, Jee, Dylan and Namneung had to apologise to every parents.

"That's the worst birthday ever! I won't invite you two next year!" Pring complained while her parents put her in bed.

"But Pring sweetie, Pha is your cousin." Kit tried to reason but the small girl was shaking her head in denial.

"No, I am not changing my mind, daddy."

*****

"You know what I still can't believe, Beam didn't even shed a tear when he woke up." Ming said with amazement.

"It's good to see, he took from my side of the family instead of yours."

Ming could only nod, knowing his husband had a point.

'We, Kongthanins, are drama queens!'

Ta da.

Brother complex, it will get worse when Pha and Forth are going to be older.

See you soon.