29. For us

July 21st, 1993

Emoni,

I was in the bedroom packing some of my things because I was gonna be moving out soon and I didn't want to spend the day of, packing so here I am packing ahead of time. Yeah, I told Birdie a couple of days ago that I was gonna move out, he seemed a little bothered but he didn't say anything.

I don't know maybe it's just hard for him to express his true feelings. Anyways, I don't wanna get into him right now. Right now I just wanna look forward to getting closer to my goal on moving out. I've been saving ever since I got that business job and I almost have enough for the place that I want.

Luckily my auntie knows the woman selling the place so she's been holding it for me because of how fast she sells houses in that neighborhood. But I told her that I can have the money by next week so it's no big deal. I think it was really nice of her to hold that place for me I mean she doesn't even know me so I really appreciate it.

Although, she has been friends with my auntie for a while now and people do favors for each other's loved ones all the time so I guess it's not that surprising.

I know I'm rambling but I'm just so excited to move. I mean it might sound bad that I'm this happy but it has nothing to do with Birdie. Actually, I think that it might help our relationship get back to where we used to be.

Gosh, I miss those days...

He was so caring. Always so worried about my well being, always made sure that I was alright with everything, trying to please me with every little thing he does, his funny jokes, making me smile.

Yeah, we need to get back to that.

Now don't get me wrong, he still does some of those things but he's just like he's so custom to it that it doesn't have any meaning to it anymore. And that's another reason why moving out will be for the better. For me, for my life, and for us. So I really hope that this move will help us rekindle some of those feelings.

"Baby, you wanna roll somewhere with me?" Birdie questioned as he walked into the bedroom.

I turned around to face him, admiring what I saw. There he stood dressed in a red, white, and black jersey, some black pants and red, white, and black Nike shoes, along with his signature bandana that was also red.

"Damn, look at you." I complimented. "You look, good baby."

He chuckled. "Thanks, baby." He responded with a smile.

I smiled back. "Your welcome."

"So do you wanna roll or not?" He repeated the question as he stared at me.

"Oh," I said coming out of my gaze. "I forgot. But yeah, I'll 'roll' with you, where are we going?"

"To the club."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, more work stuff?"

"No work shit. I just wanna spend a little time witchu'."

I looked down as I started to blush. "Aw, really?"

"Really." He pinched my chin with his thumb, forcing me to look at him.

I stared into his eyes as he stared back into mine. Oh, god those eyes. I could just melt. That's still my favorite thing about him, and that smile, god I could never get enough of it. I don't care what anyone says, Birdie is gorgeous in my eyes.

I kissed him and he instantly kissed me back. I broke the kiss smiling at him. "I'm gonna go get dressed," I said to him.

He smiled back. "Aight boo."