Chapter Sixteen.

"Here, put this on." Hunter tossed me a completely black hoodie to pull on over my t-shirt. I caught it and got a whiff of the sweatshirt. It smelled like smoke mixed with axe cologne and I could say that I liked that smell.

Without anymore hesitation, I tugged it over myself and was content that I wasn't freezing anymore while we stood here outside of Hunter's car. I wasn't sure who's house we in front of, but I did know what we were doing to it. Hunter opened the back door and pulled out the carton of eggs.

He handed me a round bottle of honey out of the plastic bag in the car. I took it and observed the bottle.

"Why do we need this?" I asked him, curious.

"You'll see." He smirked and shut the door quietly. I followed him up the driveway a little more and looked at the little green car parked in front of the tall brick mansion we were at. The green car looked very familiar.

"Why are we at Stacy Tyler's house?" I asked him curiously.

Stacy Tyler is out school's head cheerleader, popular, dumb blonde that has only passed school because of her rich daddy. Cliché, I know. But it's true. Her and her mother both dye their hair blonde all the time and it matches their personalities perfectly.

Hunter took one egg out of the carton and rolled it around in his hand as if he was contemplating something. I watched the side of his face that was lit up with moonlight as he bit his lip. I couldn't quite imagine why he'd be second guessing himself since he drug me out here for this.

Then, his face fell and his eyebrows scrunched together in slight anger.

"This is for telling all the girls at school I was gay," He yelled and chucked the egg at Stacy's small convertible. I burst into laughter but quickly covered my mouth to keep quiet. Hunter looked at me with a big grin on his face.

"She said that?" I asked after composing myself.

"Yeah, then she tried to make out with me. Who does that?" Hunter shook his head in disbelief and almost humor. I got the feeling that he really didn't actually care too much that she called him gay. It may have been an insult, but Hunter doesn't fall for that kind of stuff. He knew, as well me and everyone else, that Stacy just wanted him to herself which is why she said that. And of course, no one would believe her. I felt a sudden anger towards the girl.

I decided to confirm my thoughts by asking, "You don't actually care that she called you that, do you?" He turned to me with a solemn face before bending a little closer to whisper something.

"Nah, but this is fun, isn't it?" He chuckled and placed a cold egg in my empty palm. The coldness of it re-started my heart after being so close to him.

"What?" I blurted out. Hunter just smirked.

"Throw the egg, dummy." He joked. A smile twitched on my lips and turned to the car. I threw the egg and smiled when it cracked all over her trunk. I turned to Hunter while we finished off the egg carton.

"So, we're egging her car? How The Fault In Our Stars." I laughed and threw another egg.

Without any warning, he grabbed my hand and drug me over to the side of the car quietly. I was slightly scared he'd hear my heart beating out of my chest.

We neared the car and bent down so we were hidden behind it.

"But did Augustus Waters think of putting honey on the front seat?" He took the bottle from my frozen hand, oblivious to my state of mind right now which I was thankful for. He turned the bottle over after flipping the cap up and was about to squeeze before he pushed the bottle to me. I took and gave him a questioning look.