Chapter Six.

"So, what do you think?" Jasmine asked as she stuck her bright pink fingernails in my face. As much as I loved this girl, I didn't like nail polish. The smell of it made me gag. Making sure not to touch her wet nails, I pushed her hand away and scrunched my nose up.

"That smells awful." I gagged and used my hand to fan my face.

"Really, Jasey?" Jasmine rolled her eyes at me playfully.

"Yes really. I hate the smell of that stuff. Why do you think I never paint my nails?" I said, wiggling my plain nails in front of her face. Jasmine looked down at my bare toes and smirked.

"You painted your toe nails." She pointed out. I looked down at the French-tipped nails and back up at Jasmine.

"That's because I don't have to smell them. The white comes from a French-tip pen that your sister did. Hah!" I joked and grinned at her. She smiled back and continued to blow on her nails. The door to her bedroom popped open suddenly, make my heart leap. Lilly came up with two bowls of popcorn, three sodas, candy bars, and one big tub of ice cream with three spoons to go with it.

"Where did you go? Walmart?" Jasmine asked her younger sister. Lilly dropped to her knees and panted like it was so much work to being all this junk food in.

"Of course not. This is from our pantry." Lilly smiled. I grabbed a grape soda from the spot Lilly sat them down at on the carpet.

"Gross. I will never understand why you like Grape soda so much." Jasmine said as she took a swig of her coke. Lilly had a coke too. This was my favorite pop, and it will always be my favorite.

I relaxed against Jasmine's bed and pulled my knees up to my chest as I sipped my soda. Lilly and Jas argued over who was going to eat the Reece's cup Lilly had brought in. I settled it by grabbing it and shoving it into my mouth. They both stopped bickering after that.

I didn't expect them to harass me with pillows, though. I grabbed my own pillow and started smacking them with it blindly since I couldn't see for their pillows in my face.

"Okay, okay!" I shouted through my laughs. They both stopped hitting me and dropped their pillows to their sides. I looked at Lilly once and raised my eyebrows. She smirked back and then it started. We bombarded Jasmine with the pillows this time and didn't stop until she collapsed on top of her bed laughing.

"What movie?" Lilly asked once we got settled in on the floor. I made sure I told them I wasn't staying since I had church tomorrow. But they insisted on watching 27 Dresses, so I did. But as the night dragged on, I got sleepy and decided I didn't want to walk through the snow back home. I called my dad real quick and told him I'd be staying at Lilly's. He never argued. Probably because it was midnight when I called and he was out of it.

Not long after we watched a second movie, Lilly was conked out on my left side. Jasmine and I were still awake, barely.

"So, any boys I need to punch in the face?" Jasmine asked as she scratched her head. I glanced down at a snoring Lilly and smiled.

"Nope. Lilly hasn't dated anyone since you left." I informed her. She sat up to look at me.

"I'm not talking about my sister. I already know what's going on in her life. I'm talking about you." The first thing that popped into my head was Hunter. She could punch him in the guy and get my bandana back, but where would that get me? I already had a plan ready, no need to ruin that.

"You could punch my brother in the face." I said instead. Jasmine's face fell blank and she glared at me. Then I thought about it.

"Oh! Not that brother. How would you punch him anyway? He's across the sea. I meant Reese. He's a pain in my butt." I crossed my arms and leaned back on the bed.