The Still Silence of Fate

Disclaimer- I do not own Naruto or you
If you haven't caught on I based how I write the chapter on how the reader is 'acting' in response to the events of the chapter. Which is why sometimes you're sassy as hell and others you're serious as heck and poetic. Also I'm so pumped to be inching closer to the Chunin exams. Can't wait to write it, so many ways the story can go. Comment anything you might like to have happen. Anyways on with the chapter.
__________________________
All Y/n could hear was the beating of her own heart, as there was a stunned silence. Haku lowered his head defensively as Sakura encouraged the rest of her team. But Kakashi-Sensei wasn't sure, he didn't know if any of them had the will to kill this ninja, even if they could. To banish their emotions to a deep place in the corner of their psyche and take a life. Unhesitating, as any such would mean their doom. Rising a new person, changed forever, indifferent, consumed by a new feeling towards life.

'Hell, I have no idea if I can.'
'Use your abilities as seen fit there's more you can do than just see the future. With practice you'll bend time to your will.'
'You're just telling me this now?!! I could have used that earlier!'
'When? If you try now you'll faint after 60 seconds. Your control lacks.'

Meanwhile, Kakashi still contemplated what to do. He knew he needed to help Naruto and Sasuke, but Y/n seemed to be fine. Even still, if he did go to help, Tazuna would be done for, and Sakura as well. Zabuza shook him out of his thoughts as he moved to pull his headband up. Prepared, meanwhile Haku stares at the trio.

Naruto was getting impatient, he moved his arms slightly. He completed his shadow clone jutsu before Sasuke could protest.
'He's going to hurt himself... But Sasuke needs to see this...'

Naruto's shadow clones were caught in Haku's attack.A rain of weapons followed and Y/n dodged as they hit harder, Haku was intending to kill. She maneuvered Sasuke out of the way of the needles.

Naruto fell to the ground as the clones were destroyed, "Ugh! How is he doing that?!"
" I told you how, we can't match him for speed."
Naruto kept going, Y/n instructed Sasuke to add a little fire to it the next time Naruto attacked.

Haku returned to his mirrors in disbelief.
"I was so close, but I couldn't quite get to him."

Sasuke turned to Naruto as he stood up clearly tiring.
"Naruto, can you do it again?"
"Huh? Of course nothing can stop me believe it!"
"Don't leave me out boys, Naruto only make half this time. I'll back you up."
"But-"
"I've dodged most of the attacks, I have the most stamina and chakra left. Let me help."
"Don't do anything rash!"
"Run for it!"
Sasuke wove the signs for his fire ball jutsu.
Naruto and Y/n went in opposite directions in the end Haku went after Y/n.
'Come on middle school gym class! The fitness gram pacer test can't have been for nothing!'
She made a sharp right and almost made it through before a hand closed around her arm.

He tossed her back to the center of the ice prison as the fireball came straight at her. Sasuke was stunned and froze, whilst Haku went for Naruto.

She rolled out of the way as the fireball nearly missed singeing her hair. Sasuke shook off his stunned demeanor and almost chewed Y/n out for not getting out of the way sooner. She wasn't listening to whatever he had to say in any case. Too confused by what Haku had chosen to do.
'Why didn't Haku try to kill me?'

Naruto was thrown back as well as Haku began to be fed up.
"One more time!"
The ordeal began again, but Haku was even quicker.
"This time you'll stay down."
He aimed for Sasuke and Y/n knocked him out of the way.

A senbon embedded itself right below her knee and she was hit in more deadly places than before. She shrieked as she fell, a needle stuck in her arm was pushed further in by the fall.
The boys had twin faces of surprise and worry.
"Y/n!"
'Owwwwww!!!! That fricking hurts!!!!'
'That's what you get for being so reckless!'
'They don't need me! Sasuke is important for this!'