28. Jason

Jason's POV

I groan and slowly sit up, peeling back the covers from last night. My hair's a mess and I probably look like crap in the mirror too. I need to stop doing this to myself, I only just got sober and I'm already drinking bottles again. I sigh, sweeping all the bottles off the counter and into the bin. They probably won't stay in there for long but I can't help that. If my parents no my dad hadn't screwed me up so much as a child I wouldn't have been in rehab for drugs or drinking right now. And my sisters wouldn't be missing. If my sisters were still here I might be married right now or in a relationship instead of fucking random girls that I meet at the bar. But my dad never cared about my sisters. He only needed me to take over his 'business'. His drug business. I wish I'd found out about his business sooner and maybe Spencer and Melissa would still be here. I'm their brother, it was my job to look after them and I failed. I might as well just drown my guilt today as it's the day I left home and just ran away from all my problems. I'm interrupted from my thoughts by my phone ringing. I search through the sofa cushions until I find it.

"Hello?"

"Jason, is that you? I need you down at the hospital ASAP."

"What, why? What happened?" 

"Jason, calm down. It's about your sister, Spencer."

"Wha-"

"Just hurry."

The call ends and I'm so confused. Is Spencer alive? Did they find her? And what about Melissa? So many thoughts run through my head as I pull on some trousers and relatively clean top and head to the hospital.

-.-.-.-.-

Jason's POV

I run up to the reception desk. Spencer could be alive. Spencer could be alive. Unless they need me to identify her body? No, no Jason, don't think like that. She's alive. She has to be.

"Excuse me but is there a Spencer Hastings here?"

The receptionist eyes me up and down, taking in my rugged and messy appearance.

"What relation are you to the patient?" She asks.

"I'm her brother."

She sighs, and starts tapping onto the computer. "Room 214." She answers.

"Thanks." I say, before taking off down the corridor.

My sister's alive. And I'm about to see her for the first time in nearly 10 years.