8. Progress

Present Day

Toby's POV

I hear her stirring and greet her with a smile.

"Hey there. Did you sleep ok?"

She looks down for a while then turns over, wincing slightly. I sigh. Its been like this since she woke up, no communication with anyone else, not even the doctors. I wish I knew what was going on in her head, then I'd know how to help her.

Spencer's POV

That guys here again. He seems nice enough but I still don't trust him. I can't trust anyone here, it's probably just a trick anyway. He seems to expect me to talk to him. I don't though. I roll over wincing at the stiches and catch his dismal reflection I the window. God, can't they just kill me already?

Emily's POV

Emily's POV

I hear someone entering my room. I smile.

"Ali!"

"Oh my god Em!"

I feel her arms around me and breathe in her scent, I missed it. She still smells like cinnamon rolls and roses. I missed her hair tickling my nose when she hugged me, like now. I missed everything about her.

"I never gave up hope Em. I just knew they'd find you. Everyone thought you and the girls had run away, but not me. I knew something bad must have happened to you. God, I'm never letting you out of my sight again."

I laugh. "I missed you so much Ali. Do you know when I can get out of here? I hate hospitals."

She giggles. "Typical Em. Another few weeks I think. Your dad called by the way, he saw it on the news. That they'd found you."

"Then where is he?"

She sighs. "He got called away back to Afghanistan. But he's on the first plane back here."

She cups my face in her hands. "But I'll be right here. I won't leave your side for a second."

"What did I do to deserve you?" I ask.

In response she pushes her lips against mine. God I've missed her kisses.

"Nothing." she responds.

Hanna's POV

Hanna's POV

I'm trying again to get comfortable on this goddam hospital bed. It feels like I'm lying on a rock. They might as well make me sleep on the floor, its probably more comfortable. I hear my door open and a white bra being waved around. I smile.

"Mona, I know its you."

She comes in nervously, still waving the bra. "I'm waving a white Lerperlla, that's like the international peace symbol."

I smile. Typical Mona. She looks down ad sees my leg. She gasps.

"Is that a cast? Will it stop you from wearing you Jimmy Choo's?"

I laugh. "No Mona, its coming off tomorrow."

Relief feels her face.

"Good." She laughs nervously. "I'm so sorry Hanna, this shouldn't have happened to you. If I hadn't have got into that fight with you, then maybe you wouldn't have gone out with the girls and got kidnapped." She sighs. "I almost feel guilty."

"Don't be." I assure her. "It was never your fault."

"Oh good." She laughs but then stop short and cocks her head to the side. "Am I mistaken or are you wearing no makeup?"

"Do you have makeup?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"You betcha bestie." She says, giving my hand a squeeze. "I'll have you looking spectacular in no time."

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

I'm sitting on my phone again scrolling through Facebook. My parents and Mike just left so I'm bored out of my mind and there's no books to entertain myself with. Everyone looks so happy and care free. I wish I was like that again. Now I'm just haunted by the events of the last few weeks. It plays in my head everyday and I can tell it does in the girls as well. They may still smile and laugh but I can see the pain in their eyes. I look up when I hear my curtain being pulled back.

"Hey Ezr-Doctor Fitz." I say. My eyes widen. "Is that for me?"

"You looked bored so I brought you some things." He exclaims.

"To Kill A Mockingbird and Winesburg, Ohio. How do you know I like books?"

"I don't know." He admits. "You just seem like a reader, and I can imagine you curled up in the corner with a fire going on a winter's day."

He turns to leave.

"Oh that reminds me." He says, slipping something under my sheets. He puts his finger on his lips. "Our little secret."

I nod. I wait till he leaves to see what he left for me. Haribo's, my literal lifeline. I've missed these so much. Ezra's such a sweetheart, he's not a bit like the other doctors.