3. One More Stage

3 Weeks Later...

 I still remember that day in the playground. With you. On the roundabout. Me, the 6 year old pestering you push spin me faster and you, the patient 13 year old  running as fast as you possibly can.

"You'll always be with me won't you?" I ask.

"Of course." you respond. "And even if I leave you I won't truly be gone. I'll watch over you with the angels."

"But that won't be for years and years." I declare.

You smile. I love the way you look when you smile. "No, not for years and years."

But they made you break your promise. They took you away form me. You weren't with me for the remainder of my life. And I know you're up watching over me, but it doesn't help. I'd do anything to join you up here and escape this hell-hole. Then we can be together forever.  Melissa.

I'm jolted out of my dream by the sounds of my restraints being undone. Strong arms haul me up from either side of me and I groan in pain and exhaustion. They haul me down another long endless corridor. I must have passed out at some point because the next thing I know I'm being tied down to some curved rack. I struggle, but it works to no avail. I'm too weak and tired from those sleepless nights strapped to that bed. I start sobbing out of plain frustration, that I'm never strong enough to fight back at them, and out of pure fear. Then I hear her voice.

"Just one more stage Spencer. One more stage and all your suffering will be done." Her voice is strangely reassuring and I relax slightly. Then her voice hardens again.

"Exactly as Dr. Patterson would've done it."

I hear the sound of metal grinding together. I decide against looking at whatever torture they have planned for me. I've learnt from these past years that it's better that way. But it still doesn't make the pain an easier to deal with.

Toby's P.O.V

I've been on this case for just over 3 weeks now and there's been some progress. Not much, but still. We did find 1 of the girls' kidnappers but so far he hasn't told us the location to the kidnappers' hideaway. But we think it's somewhere in or near Rosewood.

4 hours later...

I'm getting ready to leave the station for the night when Lorenzo comes rushing in. He looks like he's just won the lottery.

"He talked! He talked! We have a location!" He yells, half-dragging e out the door. "We're leaving now, we can finally save those girls."