Crowned Clown

February 25th

5 minutes until midnight

"Did I get you?"

Her voice sounded the same. Her face, hair, body was the same. It was her. There was no doubt. Her smile was distorted, cracked like a dolls broken facade. The eyes of the devil were wide, demented, almost schizophrenic. Crystal glossy, a portal to the real character behind the marionette. 

She sat in the bed, hand in the air, fingers forming a gun. She was pointing at my head, straight through the center. 

"Elle..?"

She didn't reply to Damien's concerned call. She didn't react to his voice. 

"Elle, what is the meaning of this?"

Ione scolded her, coming closer to the bed for just a single step. I stared blankly. There was  nothing in my mind. It was a blank canvas, shook from the scene that was performing. 

Why is she...

Always a step ahead. 
Who let them in?
Who gave them the card?
Majority were women...the staff..
Someone who has access from the inside.

"Did I get you?"

She asked again, blinking at me as if she were crazy. As if I were crazy. Maybe I am. Maybe she is. 

A fissured quintessence,

Her grin slowly grew and she lowered her arm.

Made by forebearer's bestowal,

It was psychotic.

Eternally suffering,

Maniacal. 

Lost and venal
Inside its own treacherous hunger,

Demonic.

Almost, barely endures....

"Amelia."

Ice cold sweat plunged out of my skin and I remained frozen in the sofa. Staring, gazing at the creature I thought I knew. The only one that accepted me. The first one that befriended me, trusted me, believed in me...worried for me. I took short breaths, my lips parting as my face mimicked hers, mouth stretching into a crazed, crooked smile. 

"It's you."

"It's me."

"Of course, it's you."

"I know right?"

"Who else would it be..."

She shrugged, like an overly enthusiastic kid. 

"What..Elle?? What are you two blabbering about?"

Damien demanded. This time, 'Elle' gave him her attention. Her smile fell as she stared expressionlessly at her 'boyfriend'. It was perfect. Her position, her facial expression, her eyes, her face didn't give away anything. A plastic facade, a mask that hid any signs of emotion. There was none. There was just a big nothing. Around her, there was no warmth, no air that we could breathe. 

That they could breathe. 

She tilted her head. Isaac cautiously took a step away from me. A movement that was spotted by her peripheral vision. 
It lasted only a second. 
It was a blurred motion to us. And then the bullet was in the center of Damien's forehead. 

His body fell down with a thud. Isaac wasn't quick enough as her gun was already pointing at him. 

A cold blooded murder. One that only a person with no heart could do. Someone that could blend in with normal people, smile and laugh with them. Earn their trust, a good position amongst their society. To them, it was easy to fake emotions, it was easy to create that barrier between their true self and their altered personality.