Narcotized

A/N: Would you believe me if I told you this was the end where the beginning starts?

February 25th

23:25 pm

"Do not speak of this to anyone else. Isaac, you and I will look into this. Dismissed."

It doesn't matter whether you speak of it or not, the killer already knows. They are just waiting for the right moment to strike.

Sitting in my room, staring at one single point on the floor, I revised everything that had been said. It's cold. The temperature in the room was for some reason aay lover than the one in the hallway.
It's almost half past eleven. 25 minutes before the official schedule of murders. Will they strike? Of course. It's time.

We've put all the puzzle pieces together. We've played their game by the rules. We've lost the lives of someone precious. 

We've done everything by theirl rules.

Sitting on the bed, I let my hands glide over the freshly changed sheets and the silk texture it has causes the hair on my arms to stand on ends. Strangely, I find the lonely atmosphere in my room comforting. In the midst of my thoughts, one stands out.

What has changed?

Is it the scenery? The people? My feelings? Have I grown weak?

Indeed I have. A bitter laugh escapes me at that point.  I stand up and walk to the dresser, gripping the handles in order to open it. With the strength that I grip it, I feel the tremble in my whole body. Vigorously it spreads, until the sound of the shaking handles reaches my ears.

I'm scared.

The feeling is familiar.  Long forgotten.  The fear I had felt only once in my life was buried deep inside my brain, never to come back to the surface. But this was its chance to strike again. So here it is...eating up the rational bits in my head and turning the rest into a zombified version of paranoia.

It's coming.

I've had so many chances to go. I wasn't supposed to come back. I wasn't...Isaac, Ione, Elle, Stacy, Emilia...even Angela, all under my skin like poisonous insects, crawling, eating, taking.. How could I leave?

Tell me, how can I leave?

It's like the floor was opening under my feet. I was falling. Just falling a d falling and falling. There was no end to it. Terrified. The temperature dropped, possibly to a zero, and my body started to shake. Vision spinning, twirling, the imagery around me turning into smudged colours and shapes. I plummeted to the floor, eyes rolling to the back of my head as the torturous thing called consciousness betrayed me and left me to lie inside the freezing room.

23:39 pm

Wake up Amelia.

"Ugh..."

I blinked open my eyes and found myself laying on the floor. The room was so hot, and while I was still in my previous attire, I found that the layers of clothing only helped the heat. I was sweating.
Pushing myself onto my arms, my head slightly spun and I almost kissed the floor again. It feels like I hit it pretty hard. What was I doing here anyway?

I vaguely remember sitting with Elle in the bar, waiting for Ione to come back. But I don't remember our conversation at all. Or how I eneded up here...

Fuck.

Why the fuck would I faint?

I never faint.