Horrific Extravagance

December 25.

22:45 pm

Resilient, rude, arrogant, cocky, cold, handsome and gigantic.

I stood dumbly at the side of the counter with a very blank expression, which now seemed to be a signature one since all I could do in this place was be blank. Just a step or two from me stood a very tall man, dressed very aesthetically, with a coat over his shoulders. His hands were in his pockets and a cigarette hang loosely on his plump, pink lips.

His legs were long, just as his arms with broad shoulders. In other words he was ridiculously big. His neck and, from what I could see, most of his body was covered in tattoos, especially his arms. You could barely see any exposed skin on there, which only made him seem more handsome than he already was.

Ironically, I almost felt like one of those girls in romance novels, with all the giddiness and the butterflies that arose with every second. My butterflies died as soon as they were hatched.

He had an awful personality, his rude remarks to the hostess would have ticked off a damn bomb, but strangely the woman treated him with a ridiculous amount of respect and patience. She was smiling all the way through and I felt invisible to the human eye.

In other words, I was ignored.

When ten minutes passed and it was almost eleven in the evening, my wick finally burned out.

I stepped in, closer to the two of them with yet another fake ass smile which earned me 'what the fuck' looks from the both of them. I opened my mouth and the words I was yet again biting back broke free.

"I'm sure you two would like to continue playing the insult-patience game but I would really like to do what I came here to do and leave this place."

From the corner of my eye, I was keeping my gaze locked on the woman, I could see his eyebrows shooting up in the skies. He inhaled the smoke from the cigarette, and exhaled it right in my face, it entering through my nose and mouth. I refused to cough out, even though I obviously didn't smoke, just in spite of his devilish ass. 

"Someone is salty."

He commented and I puffed out the inhaled smoke, looking up at him slowly with the same smile plastered on my lips. Yes, I was very much a salty person and even though it was rude to intrude on someone's conversation, I had already wasted enough time. The woman sighed and smiled at the both of us, looking very relaxed even though she could feel the obvious fireworks coming from the both of us.

"Actually, I was just about to get to that. The card you've been gifted is an exclusive one, it holds a code to one of our best male representatives. And by coincidence, it turns out to be Isaac."

Those scenes in anime series where there's silence and you can hear a cricket in the background while the characters dumbly stare, is what happened for the whole damn minute. I was potentially out of words, and the awkwardness began the second I looked up at him. He was already gazing down at me, more like glaring, probably examining my features. His eyes raked over, going down and down, then back up again, shamelessly scanning over my whole body as if he was thinking whether he was in for the catch or not. Turns out, I pinpointed the shit exactly.

"I'm in."

He muttered out in an approving tone and all I could do is let my eyes bulge out from how wide they went. Soon they would jump out of my sockets. 

"Get her to my room."

Those were the last words he uttered before he turned and left towards the left wing of the Hotel. I was left in spot to only stare blankly and tilt my head at the smiling hostess.