Mirage of a Rose

December 30th

23:35 pm

The rest of the evening was spent in the confinements of the room I was staying in, nerding behind locked doors where no one could rile up my mind. I was focusing on what was important, trying to forget the words and gentle glimmer of the man's eyes.

He just had to do that whilst I was in my genius mode. My feelings were vulnerable then. Ego through the roof. What he did was boost it and give my heart a starting kick and by the time I was safe in my room, it was thumping like I had ran from a stampede.
Foolish.

He shouldn't have said that.

What was the point of sudden kindness anyway, when he hates my guts to the core.

Frustrated, I buried my face into the pillows once more, my half naked form resting in the soft covers and mattress of the bed. I had showered and only had the strength to pull on a shirt and panties, the rest required too much effort.
Elle had stopped by, but I was not feeling the chitter chatter at that moment, so I ignored her calls. She left with the impression that I was asleep. Or busy.

I rolled onto my back and stared up at the ceiling.

There was still a code to crack. Something interesting I hadn't met before. Number five had different meanings, depending from what aspect you look at it. The little crosses could be related to religion, the Bible, the God, or it could simply mean that the killer had a tattoo of a cross.

It was a banal example, but everything fit the frame so far.

I returned to the part with God. Branches of meanings filled up the holes in my head, various patterns appearing and all leading an unending spread of motives.
But I just needed one motive. Big enough to create a scandalous chain of killings, that transfered a symbolic message. That message could be meant for anyone, but seeing as this Hotel and the organization in its entirety was led by Ione, she was the person who was supposed to be aware of the words the killer spoke.

God gave his minions dozens of messages. The number of gods messengers is countless, many who are delusional in the real world. A cross connected to God, could mean that the killer was a believer. Possibly Christian. He would be tactical then, a servant at His mercy, which would mean he offers a sacrifice in His name.

And all of it was utter bullshit.

Religion, beliefs, faith, all equals delusion and fake hope for something that is not real. Either the fucker was out of their mind or someone brainwashed them when they were a child.

Also, none of that fit the other clue.

So it was another dead end.

Sighing, I turned to my side and focused on my breathing. The more I did it, the less I thought, my mind cleared and I felt easy in the chest area once again. I stared blankly at the nightstand and then the floor, keeping the board in my head empty for the time being.
I had to start over. That meant I had to delete everything that was previously saved.

My eyes began to slowly droope the more I focused and soon I closed them, my world lulling and swinging while my mind fell into a dreamy trance. If it wasn't for the loud laughter, that came from the hallway, I would have peacefully fallen asleep.
The loud noise jerked me awake, adrenaline spiking up a noch as I was pulled from the warmth that drowned me. With an irritated groan and now a pang of a headache, I got up and begrudgingly walked to the door.

The laughter was male, mixed with a scratchy female voice. One of the men, whom I instantly recognized, was only grunting and spurting sarcastic sentences, slurred between the tongue and the alcohol. Isaac was dead drunk in front of my door, with two people I didn't know.