The Void Stared Back

D e c e m b e r 26.

2:54 am

I finally understood the feeling of being completely helpless. Standing there, gawking like a weirdo. What was probably very strange, was that I couldn't even let out a scream. My mind had immediately shifted to the thought of the killer still being nearby and I just couldn't even try to make a sound. The previous strength to think rationally was long gone and I was just searching for something that I could do first.

Seemingly someone had heard my desperate thinking and appeared at the door.

I didn't know whether I was lucky or not. Isaac stood at the door with an impassive expression, his body unmoving just as mine. Once I looked at him, I couldn't look up again. I was on the verge of throwing my guts out and running away from the scene as fast as I can. But that would just seem suspicious. I just hadn't realized that me being here would actually put me on the first place of the list of suspects. What happened next, I couldn't have even tried to predict considering that the one person I thought who might have been on my side, was actually going to strangle me.

Isaac looked down into my eyes, anger flashing in his own before he lurched forward. His fist connected with my cheek and I fell backwards on my butt. He was on top of me in a second, hand around my neck as he pressed me into the ground as hard as he could. My airway was blocked and I immediately started gasping for air.

"St-op! Ge..ge-t off me..!"

"You fucking bitch. What did she ever do to you?!"

He screamed in my face, choking the life out of me with my hands clawing at his.

"I-.."

"I'll fucking rip your heart out!"

The snarl and the frightening look in his eyes made me almost want to piss myself from fear. I was losing air, my body continuing to twist and turn under him. A few seconds longer and he was going to kill me. My eyes searched his and I managed to hold his gaze for the few seconds that I whispered my final words.

"I-it wasn't me..."

He stared, but I hadn't expected him to let go. His grip loosened until he was completely off me and standing up above me. I coughed, taking big intakes of air into my lungs. My whole body shook and finally, although I hadn't seen it coming, I let out all the things that were in my stomach. My groans and sounds of pain filled the yard until I was finally done and the silence came back to suffocate. Everything seemed so surreal, as if it all went down in slow motion. People walked out, women and men some of who looked like they were the higher ups of this place. I couldn't tell what was what, head continuing to spin as I once again looked up into the lifeless eyes of the hostess.

Another murder.

Another mess.

Isaac stood there, hair covering his eyes as he too looked at the woman hanging off her clothes.

It all passed by so fast, the people that were at first screaming and crying, were now helping with the body. The police was nowhere on the way, as they couldn't possibly call them.

Soon, they announced someone's arrival. I was too lost to hear the name properly until the person herself wasn't standing in front of us.

She was middle-aged, with a body to kill for that was dressed in a long, white, silk dress and a furry coat around her shoulders. She was beautiful, just like a model you see on the covers of a magazine. Her green eyes gazed down into mine and she curiously tilted her head to the side. Isaac on the other hand, wasn't even trying to acknowledge her presence. The two of us continued to stare at each other until she decided to speak.

"Isaac, find her a spare room and some clothes."

My eyebrows furrowed as she turned to walk and I sprung up on my feet like someone hand pinched my ass.

"Woah, woah, what do you mean by room? I have a home, you know. And by some coincidence I was-"

"You are a suspect and by some coincidence you had found the dead body. Therefore, you will stay here until said otherwise."

"I have classes, I can't stay here holding your hand."

I said in an angry tone, almost snapping at the lady. I was out of my mind. The last thing I wanted was to stay in this place. I knew myself perfectly, and by that I knew that the reality of all the actions that had happened here were soon to crash down on me. I wouldn't want to show the weakling I was. I couldn't bare the shame.

"Well then. I hope you know how to hold hands like a good girl."

The words were coated with sarcasm which in some other cases I would have laughed off. Instead I was left dumbfounded and motionless in the same spot that I once stood. I wanted to go home. I wanted to go to my apartment and break down crying then scream at myself at how fucking stupid it was of me to come here. I would bet a 1000 bucks that rational people would have slapped themselves the moment they had even thought of accepting the gift. I almost wanted to laugh hysterically at my pathetic self.

Soon, I felt a hand grip my right arm and start to pull me towards some unknown direction. By some weird intuition, I knew it was Isaac and I knew that I was going to be locked away in some room until 'said otherwise'. I kept quiet all the way until he stopped in front of a door and basically pushed me into the small, fancy room. I stood in one spot a few seconds before stumbling to the door and locking it. Turning around I slid down to the floor, my body going completely limp once I reached it. My emotions were going off crazy and I didn't know whether to scream, cry or break something in the room.

Instead, the tears slid down my cheeks as I silently sobbed into the darkness.

For the first time in my life I felt truly alone. There was always someone there to lend a hand even when not asked for. Always some comforting words spoken by those who were next to me since the first day of our meeting. I had never in my life begged nor even wished for anyone to support me when the hard days hit like wrecking balls. Independent, sarcastic and smart were my main characteristics. I held the façade of the strong girl for my whole life, afraid of the humiliation that crying would bring me.

My parents taught me so.

My whole family line was taught so.

But for the first time in my fake life, I wished for those reassuring words to be said. Around me was nothing but darkness of the room, to me it looked as if void was staring straight into my eyes. Laughing in my face.

I was alone.

Everything crashed down.

My world fell apart in that one second of curiosity, one second of saying yes and one second of hesitation. My heart clenched, the empty feeling suffocating the hell out of me as I choked on my own tears. Hours passed and I hadn't even realized when I fell asleep, wrecked and tired.

Chaos ruled over the brothel and hell would be loose in the upcoming days.

I had no way out. 

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

The hostess is murdered and Rose is the last to see her. She's alone in the place of horrors, but what will happen after this?

Any predictions on what you think will occur? Will her relationship with Isaac take one more hit or will it be gradually fixed? Hmm...I'll give you a hint.

If you think this is going to be a cheesy romance novel where eventually the bad boy will fall for the girl just because she's quirky and  his type...you're wrong.

Comment, share and vote! Love you all!

-E.J

Heartbreak Hotel: ConcubineOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara