Capítulo Treinta y Dos - Parte Dos

Start from the beginning

Actually, now that I think about it, everything about this area is a complete replica of where Dorian seemingly lives. The rural area surrounding the house, the doors and the building itself.

Even Max reminds me of Dorian. And I don't want it to be like that. Something is starting to remind me of Teel, too.

He's one sociopath I'm willing to forget, putting aside the fact that Arsen's not any different from either of these guys.

But in many ways, he's absolutely, completely different. And these idiots can't take that away from me, or from Arsen.

A question pops into my head, and before I can stop myself from asking, it comes out.

"Max, you don't, by any chance, know a Teel from anywhere, do you?" I ask, turning to him as he shuts the doors behind us.

He stiffens a little, his features turning dark as he swivels around to look at me.

"Why--where did you hear about him from?" Max asks, sounding strangely different.

Now that I regard it, his voice is a lot like Dorian's. Which isn't freaky at all, considering their siblings, but it reminds me too much.

"Um...I just, you know, heard around from places," I shrug to his question, hoping he doesn't catch on. Max shakes his head, his face looking angry.

I've just now realized how much that question has affected Max. And here I was thinking this nice, gentle 18-year-old boy will be the key to my locks.

"Don't lie, Ariadne," Max growls. I swallow.

No one can sound angry as sexily as Arsen.

Did you seriously just think that? In this particular moment?

Shut up, I need a distraction. Have you seen his shoes?!

I'm you, so, duh?

There's a revolver tucked into the ankle of his right boot. And I realized that when he was spinning me around, but I hadn't dwelled on it much since it seemed so freakishly normal to me.

"Ariadne!" He calls, and I jump, realizing he'd been calling my name for the one minute that I was looking at the gun.

And he's now miraculously caught on, and this dangerous weapon has magically appeared in his hands.

Pointed at me.

"Tell me where you've heard Teel's name before, Ariadne - or I will shoot you. We both know I will," He hisses angrily.

Why?! What does he have against - or with - Teel?!

"I-I...met him! It was kind of kidnapping more than a meeting," I quickly say, and Max's gun doesn't even waver, as if he was planning to shoot me anyway.

Way to think optimistically!

Not the time.

"Do you know who Teel is?" Max growls, walking towards me. I take a step backwards, using the huge space to my advantage.

"No, I don't," I mutter. But my anger always gets the better of me. "But I do know he's a wasteman and doesn't have a soul. Who brought him up, a hyena?"

Oh, no. Now I know that I took it too far.

Max's eyes narrow, and his cheeks flush.

Without a seconds thought, he grabs my wrist and pulls me towards the staircase, growling.

"You should not have said that, Ariadne," He mutters as I try to wrench out of his death grip. I grunt as I try to pull at my wrist.

"The hell do you mean? You think it's nice, being kidnapped by two men in the same week, and then realizing they're related?! You know, I was actually starting to like you, despite what Arsen was saying, but you're not any better than them!" I hiss, trying to create a diversion.