Chapter 8 - Let's Rock It!

*Suji's POV*

I wake up because of the alarm ringing through my ears. I reach for my phone and dismiss the alarm. I stretch myself and look at the phone screen. I pull down the notifications tab to see 100 notifications just from YouTube. I kinda got scared to open it. 

What if they were all hate comments?

What if I sounded horrible?

Will they create memes and trolls using this video?

But at last I decided to face my fears and clicked on the notifications. The app opened and my video had 5k views overnight. And there were 500 comments. I scrolled through the comments and saw that all were positive ones. I was so happy. These comments made my day. A smile grew on my face and I jumped out of bed. This day is off to a great start.

I wore the outfit that my sister picked out for me yesterday

I wore the outfit that my sister picked out for me yesterday. I wore some mascara, a pink shade lipstick and blush. I packed my bag and got on the bus off to school. My parents both work so they get up and leave the house early. My sister starts school a bit later than me so she was still sleeping when I left the house. I put on my earphones and played Aftertaste by Shawn Mendes. I swayed my head as I listened to the song. I couldn't wait already to get to school and I was so damn excited.

"Excuse me?" someone called from behind.

I suddenly recognized that voice and turned around. There he was standing looking perfect as always, His hair swayed lightly as the bus moved. He smiled at me and I was drop dead when I saw him.

"Is the seat next to you occupied?" he asked me.

"Um... no, no y-ou c-c-c-an s-s-it here." I stammered. I've never ever stammered in my life. Shit!

"Thank you." he said as he took a seat next to me. He placed his guitar case in between his thighs. I just basically stared at him because I couldn't believe my eyes. 

I'M SITTING NEXT TO SHAWN MENDES. THE SHAWN MENDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He turned to me. He noticed that I was staring at him. Shit. I'm screwed. I felt so embarrassed. He just chuckled and turned back. How can one be cute, hot, talented, humble, kind and gentle at the same time?

"So are you going to Berlin International High?" he asked.

"Um, yeah." I replied.

"How is it there? Because I'm kinda nervous performing in front of so many students." he said nervously rubbing his hands.

"I don't know a lot about the school either because I just moved here from Canada." I said.

"Interesting! I was born in Canada. Where are you exactly from?" he asked.

"From Ontario." I replied.

"Wow, I was born there too. Where exactly in Ontario?" he asks excited.

"I'm from Brampton." I say still not believing that I'm actually chatting with THE SHAWN MENDES!!!

"Wow, I'm from Pickering. I've been to Brampton once. It's beautiful there, isn't it?" he said.

"Yeah, it is." I said.

And as we talked, I didn't even realize that we arrived already. 

"Oh and by the way we didn't even introduce ourselves. I'm Shawn Mendes." he said politely reaching out his hand to shake. I heard the bell ring. SHIT! My first period is English and Josie told me to be on time for English since the teacher is very hard on students who come late.

"I'm sorry but I gotta go. Was nice meeting you." I shout and wave as I rush through the school hallways.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you for reading this chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed! Can't wait for the next chapter to be published YAY! Love you guys💞

xoxo Suji ✨❤