1. Frosting Covered Sins

As I was decorating a cake the other day, I jokingly said that, "frosting covers a multitude of sins!" I was joking about how I turned around too fast and nearly cracked my cake in half....twice..but the frosting was holding it all together and nobody could tell. It looked like a perfect cake! (Until you started cutting slices from the cake, and it fell apart..just a tad..oops!)

But it got me thinking about sin and bad decisions in our lives and how Gods love and grace is like the frosting holding us together. It doesn't matter how far you have run. It doesn't matter what you have said or done. No matter how badly you have destroyed your cake in life, God is just waiting for you to turn around and come to Him. His frosting, His love and His grace will help you pick up all the broken pieces and put them back together. And the most broken, crumbled of messes, well those get turned into cake pops. It is never too late!

Say this one with me, you know it, it's John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

And another important one: Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

WHILE WE WERE STILL SINNERS YALL. God made that decision. He took that first step to you. Jesus knew exactly what He was getting into, he took a massively painful trek up a mountain for you...and here He is saying hey, come here. I see your cake is broken. Let me just cover that for you. There, I fixed it. Now go out into the world and find others with broken cakes and bring them to me..Grace. Mercy. Love. 

The blood of Jesus covers our ugly sins the way frosting turns imperfections into presentable, stable, delicious cakes. Such a simple comparison. Such a powerful meaning. And it's already been offered. All we have to do is accept...

 Romans 10:9-10 says that "if you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."

Do you believe? Are you saved? If you are then I challenge you to rededicate yourself or to tell someone new about God. 

 If you are not saved and would like to be, please pray this with me, "Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Your Name. Amen."

 It's not the prayer that saves you, but the belief in God behind the prayer. Let God and the blood of Jesus make you new, and cover your sins with frosting. Not to hide the sin, but to take it and make broken things whole. 

***

Welcome to the new volume if you're still with me! How are you guys doing today? Any prayer requests? Comments or concerns?