"Hi hun" He said, as I stood up, going to him.

"What are you doing here?" I said, amazed.

"Before I go back on tour, I needed to tell you something"

"You couldn't tell me over the phone?"

"This is something that can't be said over the phone" He grabbed my hands from under the blanket. "I've been thinking about it all weekend and instantly regretted not saying it at the airport. I know we haven't known each other for that long but I feel that it's absolutely necessary. And I'm ready. I feel ready. It feels right"

I had a small feeling that I knew what he was about to say. "What is it?"

"I love you"

I stared into his eyes. Finally. The words I've been dying to get out have been said. My heart began to gush, beating at a million miles per second.

"I love you too"

He gave me a loving smile, leaning down to kiss me. "I hate to ruin the moment but, I have to go. My flight's in an hour"

"Thank you for coming one last time to see me. You're certainly a spontaneous one, Mr. Mendes"

"So are you, Ms. Sinclair" He gave me one last hug before going back to the car.

The Next Morning . . .

I walked up to Elle's door with her coffee in my right hand and my hot chocolate on my left. Before being able to put down the coffee to ring the doorbell, the door opened, revealing an excited Elle.

She took the coffee from my hand. "Come in, come innn" She said, jumping up and down.

"Someone's a bit excited" I laughed, walking into her house, going into the kitchen, and sitting on one of the counter stools. Elle sat on the one next to me.

"So" She took a sip. "How was Canada? Oh! And how was this morning?"

"You know about this morning?"

"Shawn messaged me on Instagram, asking for your address. He said he was going to surprise you"

I smiled at this and started my story. I began with the moment I got to Canada, to Shawn opening the guitar, to him asking me to be his girlfriend, to the coffee shop, the birthday dinner, the song, and the "I love you's"

"Damn" She paused for a second. "That's one hell of a love story"

I chuckled at this. "It certainly is"

Elle and I spent the rest of the day catching up, watching movies, eating food. I decided to spend the night at Elle's house since it has been a while since we've had a day to ourselves. We were laying on her bed, watching a rom-com, when I felt Elle slap my thigh. I looked over at her. "What is it?"

She sat up, putting her phone down, and shook me by my shoulders. "OH MY GOSH WHAT IS IT?" I yelled.

She grabbed her phone, motioning for me to take it, not being able to get words out. I unlocked her phone, taking out the earbuds from the plug so I could hear it. I pressed play on the video. It was a video of Shawn at one of his meet and greets.

"Hi Shawn" One of the girls in the room asked nervously.

"Hi sweetie" He said, smiling.

"Um. A couple of days ago, a picture of you and this girl kissing was leaked and that same day, you posted a video of her singing and playing the piano on your story." Shawn nodded his head.

"So" The girl continued. "Can you tell us who this girl is? Is she your girlfriend? Can you tell us something about her? "

Shawn took a second to answer, you could tell he was hesitating. "I um. I knew this question was coming " The girls in the room giggled. "To answer your question, yes. She is my girlfriend. Her name is Alana and she is the most genuine and kind person you'll ever meet " The crowd let out an "awww".

My heart began to flutter as he continued to speak. "I actually went to her house before coming here. She was an angel and woke up at two in the morning for me " He stopped talking for a little then continued. All of the girls stayed quiet as he spoke, almost as if they were in a trance.

"I told her that I loved her " The girls did another "awww". "And she said it back " Another "awww". " I was actually hesitant to tell her because we've only known each other for a short amount of time but it felt right, you know? And I'm not going to be able to see her for a while since I'm on tour, I didn't want to tell her over the phone "

"I've always believed in the feeling of knowing when someone is the right person for you. Your soulmate, if you want to put it that way. And. She gives me that feeling. Whenever I'm with her, she brings so much joy and love into my heart that I didn't know that amount of happiness was possible " He stared at the ground, smiling softly to himself. I wonder what he was thinking.

He looked up again then said, "I think I'm going to marry her someday " After he said that, the video ended and Elle rolled off the bed, falling to the floor. She grasped on to the bed, climbing up, gasping for air.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"DID YOU HEAR WHAT SHAWN MENDES. SHAWN. MENDES. SAID. ABOUT YOU"

I chuckled. "Yes. In fact, my heart is pounding so much, it hurts"

She looked at me in disbelief. "Why are you so calm? Do you know how many girls would kill to be in your position?"

I nodded my head slowly. "I have somewhat of an idea"

"Okay. Let's do a what-if"

"A what-if?"

"Yeah! I say 'what- if blah blah blah' and you answer with what you would do"

"Okay. Shoot"

"What if Shawn came up to you right now and asked you to marry him?"

I thought for a second. "I don't know what I would say. I'd probably say no"