Three -"No. I'm her older brother."

Start from the beginning

I kissed Riley on the side of her head and waved her goodbye.

“Bye Jacky!!” She called my name as she waved so happily.

I got to class late. Obviously. I sat down and took the notes I missed and wandered about life.

It's already last period which I'm grateful for. I can finally see Riley now.

You sure? Or are you excited to see Madison? That little voice in my head said.

I got to the front desk and saw Mrs. Oliver and Riley coloring.

“JACKY!!!” She shouted making almost everyone turn their heads.

I laughed a bit embarrassed.

“Hi princess. You ready to come with me and see Uncle Ben?”

“Yes yes yes!!!” She clapped her hands, she got up and gathered her stuff and came by my side.

“Bye Mrs. Oliver!” Riley waved and placed a kiss on her cheek.

“Here Jack.” Mrs. Oliver wrote me an excused pass to 7th period.

“Thank you for everything today.”

“No worries.” She dismisses me.

I held Riley’s hands on mine and walked upstairs to English.

I opened the door and Riley just ran in and hugged Mr. Matthews.

Crap…

“Riley!”

“Uncle Ben!!”

Someone help me…

Ignoring all the shocked faces I went up and grabbed Riley and asked Mr. Matthews to come outside.

“What's wrong Jack?”

“Riley had to be here all day today she stayed with Mrs. Oliver, so now if it's okay I need her here with me. I have my tardy pass.”

“Jack you know she can stay just quiet please.” I nodded.

“Uncle Ben where's Kayla? I miss her.”

I sucked in a deep breath. I heard Ben did also.

“Umm Riley I told you we don't talk about that. I told you she went somewhere else and isn't coming back here.” I looked at Ben saying sorry.

Kayla. Kayla Matthews was something very difficult to talk about. That's why I barely ever did. And right now is not the time to talk about it.

Ben opened the door and walked in leaving me and Riley to follow.

I went to the back next to Madison and pulled up a chair for Riley.

“Alright, um, I need someone to help pass these out.”

Riley jumped off her chair and grabbed the stack of paper and started passing it around.

I groaned and got up.

“Riley let me do it.”

“Jack it's okay. It'll keep her out of trouble.”

I went back to my seat ignoring Madison's confused gaze.

“Yes?” I asked her.

“Nothing.” She bit her lip.

Beautiful.

Wait, what?

It's been like 15 minutes since Riley passed out the papers and I swear she's a big hit in the class. Everyone's talking to her, playing with her, and all that good stuff. Honestly I love seeing her happy. It's been a very long time. Only one could do so much.

Madison nudged my side making me look at her annoyed.

“You had to do that?”

“How else was I going to get your attention?”

“There is something we normal people do, it's called talking. You should try it instead of punching me.”

She rolled her eyes, and started annoying me again.

“I didn't punch you. I nudged you there’s a different.”

“Whatever.”

She nudged me again when I turned around.

“What do you want?” I groaned,  annoyed.

“Are we going to the library today?” She asked, as she wrote a couple of more words to her sentence.

“Umm… I mean as you can see I'm with my sister, and like she might annoy you.” I explained to her.

“It’s alright. I love little kids, and your sister is adorable. Unless you're busy.”

“Hey, um, Jack?

“The bell rang.”

“Oh.” I got up confused and looked around to find Riley, when I spotted her talking to Mr. Matthews.

“Thank you Riley for helping me today.” He gave her a lollipop.

“A lollipop? Really?”

“Jacky stop being mean! See, like uncle Ben says if you part-parti- what was it uncle Ben?” She looked up at him.

“Participate. If you participate Jack you can get a lollipop.”

We both laughed.

I grabbed Riley’s hand and went to my locker to find Madison at her’s. I packed up all my things I need and went to Madison.

“Riley I need you to behave today, because Madison an I need to go work at the Library. Okaay? Be a good girl.” I told her.
I walked up to Madison, and leaned by her locker.

“Hey, so I’ll meet you outside.” She nodded with a smile in response.

I walked outside with Riley when some guy came stumbling toward us. Drunks and angry he started hitting me and yelling some slurred curses.
“Give me your damn money!” He yelled, as he continued hitting me.

Oh my gosh…

Hey, hey, hey!!! How are you guys enjoying the story? Leave your thoughts in the comments below. Love you all-Zoey!!