Three -"No. I'm her older brother."

Start from the beginning

“Can I go to school with you?”

Shocked, I asked.

“Riley you know you can't.”

“Nu uh. You just say it so I don't embarrass you.”

“Princess…” I sighed.

“That's not true.”

“If it's not true, like you say, then take me with you to school.”

“Dang girl fine. I'll bring you to school with me. But if you get people looking at you weirdly don't blame me.”

She clapped her hands and jumped around. “Yes yes yes!!! Thank you Jacky!!”

I chuckled when she jumped on me and hugged me tightly.

I kissed the side of her head and whispered that I loved her.

She put her hands around her mouth and whispered and my ear.

“I love you more. You're the best big brother.”

I smiled happily.

Walking into school, as said, everyone looked at Riley weirdly.

I don't blame though… why bring a little girl to school?

I walked into the office and went up to our secretary, Mrs. Oliver, a lovely lady in her late 50’s, with her long white hair, her wrinkled face, yet still beautiful. She was one of the most prettiest person here and the best at helping me. She married her middle school lover and both of them together honestly were a match made in heaven. They got married right after graduating college and stayed here. Mrs. Oliver and Mr. Oliver invited Riley and I to their house before. She’s one of the only person who helps me when I’m in trouble with my dad. Usually, Riley would stay with her when I think my dad is drunk out of his mind and wouldn’t be safe near him.

“Good morning Mrs. Oliver.” I smiled brightly.

“Hello Jack. What can I do for you today?” She asked as she stopped typing in the computer.

I looked down at my side to see Riley just looking around happily with her big eyes making me smile.  

I think Mrs. Oliver realized it because she looked down and saw Riley and smiled sadly.

“ Oh honey, of course she can stay here but I’m leaving about an hour earlier today I could take her with me if you’d like.” She offered.

I shook my head. “No thank you, that won’t be necessary. I just wanted to know if you can write a pass for me for being late. I’ll pick up Riley before last period. Since I have Mr. Matthews.”

“Of course sweetheart. What does she like for lunch? We can’t have her roaming around here on an empty stomach. Right Riley? We have a lot of work to do sweetheart.” She looked at Riley smiling and nodding her head.

“Yes ma’am we’re going to have so much fun! Right Jacky?”

“Hey princess, what do you want to eat for lunch?”

“PIZZA!!”

Mrs. Oliver and I chuckled at her excitement.

Mrs. Oliver wrote me a note to 3rd period and I handed her the only cash I had on me. 6 dollars.

“No dear I can pay for her.”

“Mrs. Oliver, it's my sister. She shouldn't even have to be here now but due to circumstances I had to as last minute. So take the money and buy Riley the food. I'll see you last period.”