Chapter 41

NPOV

Okay, maybe Hannah blew Flash off in the past. They were together now, they were supposed to be happy with Peter's pain, and then it'd just be the two of them.

But then Flash had hit her. 

If anyone were to be shocked, then it'd have to be Hannah. In the past, and even now, he showed plenty of anger issues, getting into fights and making threats.

One time he had even shoved a short freshmen girl onto the floor and spat insults about her small figure until she cried. Hannah had always pushed past this, she even had her fair share of the same thing, but she had never made anyone cry.

You'd think that maybe after she had seen him literally rape Peter, she would have looked at him and said "Gotta Blast" but that never clicked in her brain. And it still hadn't.

It had all happened so fast, and Hannah didn't even have the nerve to look him in the eye after he hit her, and once she had collected herself, he was gone.

Now Hannah was walking down the streets, her hands shoved in her pocket. She wasn't planning on getting home any time soon, she wanted to be alone with her thoughts. The sun was already starting to go down, and a gentle breeze swept over her shoulder. Normally, she wouldn't react at all to the wind, but now she shivered at the feeling. It reminded her so much of Flash, or maybe even her own father. How'd they'd look over her shoulder, or breathe against her neck. And how much she feared them--

No! Hannah wasn't afraid of Flash, he treated her better than her own father. Flash bought her clothes from here to there, whenever their relationship was on of course. They'd share personal stories, and even laughs. But that was back during the Summer and freshmen year. Now they were older, and things were different.

Hannah shook those thoughts away and marched forward.

She was always one for a bad boy, someone who would sweep her off her feet and wasn't afraid to get their hands dirty. Hannah had always heard of these kinds of dreamy guys from her older sister and her own mother. She always watched those old movies like 'Grease' or 'Clueless' which only made her love for them even better. And growing up in a household that hardly ever gave her the attention she yearned for, she decided to show off in school.

She was a sweet little girl in elementary school, but then in middle school, she became a bully. She snickered and talked about people behind their back, but that only led to a fight, in which she lost. So Hannah began to laugh at people in the faces, always prepared for a fight. She'd never let the teachers hear of her, though. She couldn't let them tell her parents. That would be bad. 

Growing up, Hannah grew to love being bad, tripping people over, putting them in the wrong direction, all to have fun at someone else's expense. Like MJ for example. But then Hannah met Flash in 8th grade. He was a little tough boy, always picking on a smaller boy than him, who Hannah had previously assumed to be someone in a lower grade.

She found herself attracted to him, so one day in class, she made her move.

Hannah sat down next to Flash and chewed on her eraser, something that was found adorable at the time. She then began to fidget, tapping her pencil against the corner of the desk, before she so slyly dropped it right next to Flash's foot. Hannah let out a short gasp before pouting, looking up at  Flash and batting her eyelashes in an innocent fashion.

"Aw shoot, my pencil," Hannah murmured, before lightly tapping Flash's shoulder. "Hey, can you pick up my pencil?" Flash looked at Hannah as if he had just noticed her presence for the first time in their entire middle school experience, and sneered. "Why don't you pick it up?"

Hannah pretended to shyly pull at her skirt. "Because if I do then my skirt is gonna ride up and that kid is gonna see," Hannah lied, gesturing to Peter who was sitting behind her.

In all honesty, Peter wasn't paying them any mind, as Flash had broken his glasses the day before and Peter couldn't focus on anything. He wasn't worried though, Tony was gonna get him another pair afterschool, so until then he had to make due. Flash narrowed his eyes at the nerd. Who did he think he was looking at girls? What an asshole. Flash grunted as he picked up the pencil and slammed it on her desk, grumbling to himself.

Hannah smiled to herself before returning to her work. When the bell finally rang, Peter was one of the first people to stand up. He was anxious to get out of school and get straight home. So when Flash suddenly tripped Peter, causing him to trip and fall, was he taken by surprise.

Hannah snickered at this and Peter whimpered, scrambling to pick up his things and to stumble out. In the fall he had hit his chin and bit his tongue hard, taking a small chunk off of it, his mouth slowly filling with blood. Not that anyone saw this of course.
"That was funny," Hannah giggled. And then one week later, they were in a relationship.

'That was fucked up, Hans,' a small voice spat.
"I know," Hannah replied.
'That boy did NOTHING to you and you've ruined his life. Are you happy with yourself?'

"...No."
'Heh, doesn't seem like it. I think you're looking for Flash right now so you can apologize to HIM instead of it being the other way around.'
"No, I'm not!" Hannah retorted, turning away when she saw someone across the street looking at her strangely. "I know what I did was wrong but," Hannah sighed quietly, tears brimming her eyelids before she frantically wiping them away. "There's nothing I can do now."

At that very moment, Hannah saw Wade, rounding the corner, the same direction of where the Avenger's Compound was (coincidence? I think NOT). 'Are you sure about that?'

Hannah took in a deep breath before marching forward. 'It's not too late to do something.' She walked up behind Wade and tapped his shoulder. He raised an eyebrow seeing her and she frowned, her voice wavering slightly. "I have something to tell you."