Chapter 37

I'm hooked to this series. It's amazing.

Wade POV (Finally)

I shuffled into school, scuffing dirt under my feet. Rumors have been growing more, and Peter only pushes me away. But now people are starting to think I did that to him. I'd never do that to my baby boy.

I got to school earlier than I normally would. As I walked through the entrance of the door, I saw Abraham, from that Decathlon club I think, it's been a while since I've gone. Anyway, he was talking to this freshman girl that looked alot like him, probably his sister. 

The girl looked so excited. "Did you see that big fancy car outside?" Abraham sighed. "No, sister." Called it.
"Guess what? I saw the Tony Stark coming out of it--" Abraham snorted, waving his sister off. "Yeah right."

I widen my eyes at the thought. Tony already got back. He knows?!

I raced towards Peter's locker, only to find no one there, and it was empty. "Pete? Baby?" I grunted before pulling out my phone and trying to call him, pacing back and forth.

Just as the call was about to go to voicemail, and a sudden hand reached from inside an empty classroom, yanking me in.

With a yelp, I turned to the offending hand. It was, of course, MJ, Ned standing behind her looking sad and disappointed. "What happened?" I asked immediately.

Ned looked at his phone, before hesitantly showing it to me. It was a voice message, from Peter himself, sent to him.

"Uh, Ned? You weren't picking up and," Peter gulped nervously, his voice so soft and quiet like he was about to cry. "Earlier today...Mr. Stark, he got into a conference with Mr. M-Morita. And he may have said s-s-some things that made my Dad...really mad."

"What is this--" I started to say something but MJ immediately put her finger to my lips with a cold hush. "Just listen, you idiot!"

"We left and Dad told me, I...I won't be coming back. Because of everything that's happened and all," Peter sniffled and I held back a shocked gasp, my eyes widening.
"It's...better this way. I won't be dragging you guys down. And, um, please tell Wade I'm,"  Peter paused, a shaky breath coming through the mic.

"I'm sorry, for ever even thinking you'd do something so bad to me. I'm always up for visits all the time so if you wanna see me I'm always at the cafe--"

That's when I remembered something. Peter had a job at that cafe, didn't he? He must have gotten fired for never showing up, like, ever! Poor Baby Boy. 

The author will never admit it, but she forgot about that story arc with Peter working at the cafe. She also forgot about the Decathlon Club but that's none of my business.

"We're all still friend right?" There was a sad sigh on the other line. "Wait, is this thing even recording?" "Kid who are you talking to?" Tony's voice came through randomly, sounding curious. "N-No one, Dad. Just myself." That's when the voicemail ended.

"Peter also texted me saying that the whole point of the conference was because of that fight yesterday," MJ added. Oh, that fight! I remember seeing it but not being able to approach on time to kick Flash's ass myself. Seeing Peter do that was satisfying enough, and we were the only witnesses to stand forward and say Peter was provoked.

And can we talk about that, like serious!

How in the blue fuck does a fight take place right as everyone's leaving school (in front of the building may I add) and apparently we're the only witnesses. I know for a damn FACT that's bullshit.

"He's...not coming back?"
"To school? No, he's not. He's gonna do online courses and probably go to court because of what happened at the party," Ned stated simply, a glumly look drawn on his face.

What am I gonna do now?