Chapter 31

Guys I nearly cried...

NPOV

The next day was all the same. Peter wore a thick hoodie, this time skipping breakfast, and went off to school. Everyone behaved the same, snickering behind his back, but this time, however...

Wade was there.

He had been waiting right at the entrance for Peter and as soon as he saw the hooded teen, he had raced up and hugged him tightly. Peter hugged back, hoping his feeling wouldn't get to him.

"Wade, don't--"
"Why didn't you call me?" Wade sounded slightly hurt, but when he pulled away, he looked concerned. Peter shuffled, lightly pushing past Wade to get inside. "I...Wade, I was scared, like...really scared." Wade paused, frozen stiff. "Of what, Pete?"

"OMG it's the internet whore, Megan," a female voice sneered. "He screamed so loud you could hear him from downstairs of the house," a boy whispered. Peter's head hung low as he continued his trip down the hall. Wade shot everyone dirty looks before frowning at the back of Peter's head.

"Have you gone to the police yet?" Wade asked. Peter turned to him weakly. "Police," Peter snorted sarcastically. Wade shrugged as Peter shuffled into the classroom. All the students that were already there stared at him blankly, shocked, or disgusted. Wade appeared behind him, his broad shoulders tensing up. "Yall motherfuckers got something to say?"

Everyone turned away, returning to what they had been previously doing. Peter dwindled a curly hair around his index finger with a shy blush, holding his head down. He uttered a small "Thanks." before continuing on his way to his desk.

He pulled out a small sketchbook and began to draw straight lines, and swirls between those straight lines neatly. Wade scuttled over, taking his seat next to Peter. He knew better than to break Peter's focus; maybe this was Peter's way of distracting himself. He hadn't gone out as Spiderman in a while, but then again it had only been a few days.

Wade curiously looked over his shoulder at his drawing, his breathing leaving a gentle breeze that nearly made Peter shiver.

Peter looked up, closing his book when he was finished with the page, only for his to cower back, turning pale as his eyes locked on the doorway. Wade followed his gaze and scowled when he saw Flash wonder into the classroom, he had a smug look on his face as he struts into the back of the class, taking his seat far away from Peter and Wade.

Wade continued to glare at him before an unholy gasp escaped his lips. "Did he do that to you?!" Wade's voice was below a whisper, but to Peter, it was frighteningly deep and assertive. "N-No, Babe. He didn't. He wasn't even at the party, to begin with," Peter said briefly.

"We don't know that," Wade muttered quietly. Peter practically shrunk in his seat. The bubbly teacher walked in, introduced himself, and began on with the lesson.

Even though Peter read through the textbook, his finger going across every word underlined and answering every question. But his mind was elsewhere.

Aunt May and Uncle Ben enjoyed having time to themselves. I mean any parent or guardian would, having to basically watch their kid 24/7. But they had Skip to watch little Peter. And then had never seen Peter happier.

Until one night...

Peter began having nightmares. Sometimes he'd run to Aunt May and Uncle Ben's room and sleep with them, but most of the time Peter kept to himself, sitting up and night and clutching his pillow.

He'd go into the kitchen with dark bags under his eyes and was beginning to get jumpier. Uncle Ben was concerned, and Aunt May slightly suspected Peter was watching horror movies behind her back, keeping him up at night.