Chapter 26

Peter cracked a smile when he heard the door open and close and the smell of fast food filled the small apartment. The sound of Peter slowly crawling out of bed and the pitter patter of his feet hitting the cold wooden floor was dull and quiet, almost silent. Peter opened his door a smidge and peered into the living room where Skip was sitting on the couch, chewing away at some burger.

"Skip!" Peter squealed, throwing himself at the man, capturing him in a tight child-like hug, made of complete admiration for the teen. Skip grunted slightly, placing Peter beside him. "Shouldn't you be in bed, young man?" Peter pouted slightly before a guilt smile found it's way onto his face.

"Did you get me one?" Peter attempted to change the subject. Skip rolled his eyes before tossing Peter a cheeseburger and a small fry. Peter happily munched away, his head pressed against Skip's hip as the two of them watched TV.

As Peter curled up further beside the older teen, he was unaware of Skip's struggle to keep his hands to himself, his pants growing tighter. Peter's delicate touch, the way his hair nuzzle against Skip's skin, it was all too much. "Pete," Skip murmured. Peter looked back at Skip, his brown eyes glimmering. "I wanna show you something really cool."

Peter twirled a curl around his finger.
"Sure."

5 days

NPOV

Peter moaned softly when a gentle hand rubbed Peter's back. "Leave me alone..."
A soft chuckle filled the room. "If I did then your father would be mad at me." Peter opened his eyes, slightly to see Aunt May sitting beside him on the bed. Peter squinted at her tiredly. "Shouldn't you be at work?" 

Aunt May's smile didn't falter. "Nope," Aunt May made a popping noise with her lips. "I don't have work for the next 6 days, it's my personal vacation."

Peter groaned softly as he rolled out of bed, Aunt May watching him stretch like a cat on the rug. "I made some breakfast." Aunt May informed. Peter yawned as he pulled out on some skirt and a plaid shirt lazily. "Not hungry. Just gonna head to school."

Aunt May laughed. "Wasn't a choice, hun." Peter rolled his eyes with a pout, before following Aunt May out of the room and into the kitchen. His bed hair was sticking up and all directions as he sat down on a stool and slowly munching away at the stack of waffles in front of him.

"The team landed safely in one of the HYDRA areas in Australia," Aunt May stated, her fingers running through Peter's curls with a short hum. "Tony tried to text me but it came back in MORCC code I think."

Peter frowned at that before his frown was replaced with his neutral face. "The worst that could happen is that he'll get another arc reactor embedded into his back." Peter then inhaled the rest of his food and skipped to his bathroom and brushed his teeth before heading out for the elevator. His curls settled down to their normal look, thankfully.

When Peter got downstairs, however, Happy was waiting for him, talking on the phone with someone. Peter's face twisted into a confused smile. "Happy?" Happy didn't notice Peter. Peter waved his hand in Hap's face. "Uncle Hap?"

Happy turned his attention to Peter and grunted quietly as he hung up. "Hop in, kid." Peter obliged as he hopped into the backseat of the car, Happy taking the driver's seat and starting the car up and soon enough they were on the road. 

Peter rested his head against the window, watching as other cars passed by and all the tall buildings. "Who were you talking to earlier?" 

Happy shrugged slightly. "One of the workers in the Compound. Why?" Peter looked down at his lap awkwardly. "Eh, no reason?" It sounded like more of a question, but Happy didn't say anything, and neither did Peter for the rest of the ride.