Chapter 15

NPOV

It was that time of year again. Where Peter donated his blood. Growing up, Peter hated needles with a passion, but back when Uncle Ben was around, Peter grew to love being helpful to humanity.

That all changed when Peter began fourteen. Uncle Ben died, and Peter got bitten by that radioactive spider. Peter was absolutely saddened by this, but after explaining to Bruce his situation, Bruce told him it was still possible to donate blood, but to himself.

Sounds dumb, but Tony and Steve were absolutely supportive of this idea. If Peter were to get hurt or god-forbid harmed, he'd have some helpful blood on the side. So that's what they did. Every. Year.

Peter bounced into the lab, sitting down on the spinning seat--his favorite seat, as Bruce watched him with a smile. "You seem happy."
"Technically, I am being helpful. To myself. And by being helpful to myself I am being helpful to others."

"With your presence," Tony finished proudly. "With my presence," Peter repeated. Bruce strutted over to Peter, straightening Peter's arm out.
"Oh I can tell," Bruce chuckled, gesturing over to four large bags of blood with Peter's name on it.

Tony sighed happily, his gaze on his son. His one and only son is a helpful little trooper. "So," Peter smiled. "What do we got?" Bruce wrapped the blue band around Peter's forearm. "Don't get so giddy now, I haven't even drawn your blood yet."

Peter sighed, his knee bouncing lightly as Bruce tapped the area where Peter's vein was, before dabbing rubbing alcohol to clean the space. "Really, Peter. Donating your blood to yourself was a smart idea. Smarter than Tony even."

"Hey," Tony pouted. Bruce held a butterfly needle and gently inserted it. "Uh, Bruce. It was your idea. Not mine."

 Peter slightly flinched when he felt himself getting weaker as the blood drained out of him. It was natural to feel this way, and he was used to it after the many times he had done it.

Bruce noticed this and hurried the process, seeing as Peter had school in 20 minutes. Tony patted Peter's shoulder in an awkward fatherly way as Bruce pulled the needle out and placed a band-aid over it. "One of Steve's large chocolate chip cookies or one of Steve's large girl scout lemon cookies?"

"Chocolate," Peter replied in a duh tone. Tony gladly handed the wrapped up gooey cookie to Peter, who gladly excepted it.

Bruce watched him expectedly. "Aren't you gonna eat it?" Tony asked curiously. Peter shook his head, cramming it into his pocket. "I'll eat it later," Peter shrugged. Bruce, who began to stand up holding the bag of blood, and frowned. "Save your cookie all you want, eat as soon as you can. Got it?" Peter nodded.

Tony motioned for Peter to leave and the child did as told. Peter walked out of the tower, but instead of walking or taking the subway like he normally would, he went to the bus stop. Wade really inspired him.

As Peter waited, he looked down at his phone to check the time. He had a good four minutes before the bus would arrive. Peter's stomach growled, and the area where the needle had been, to be expected, but Peter didn't scratch, that wouldn't be good.

Peter smiled to himself, before fishing into his pocket to see his cookie, still hot and fresh and gooey. Peter pulled off the wrapping and began to break a piece of when--

 Peter pulled off the wrapping and began to break a piece of when--