Chapter 35

^ Listen to with headphones. It's magical OvO

Tony POV (So new)

"I was fucking raped, okay!? I was raped!"  

I froze hearing those words escape Peter's lips. I held him close, petting his head as millions of questions ran through my mind. Who could do such a thing to my boy? Someone so innocent and joyful.

Was Peter even awake during the process?
Who else knows?

A heartbreaking sob broke me out of my thought process and I helplessly turned to the other Avengers for help. May was still crouched down by the trash can, breathing heavily while looking at Peter with dull eyes.

Steve rushed over to me first and excepted Peter into his generous arms. "I don't know what to do," Peter croaked. Steve rubbed his back. "It's okay, bud. We're gonna make it through this together."

Clint, not knowing what to do, grabbed his glass of water and took a long sip of his water while gazing at us before looking down at Steve's shattered glass. "I'm just gonna...pick that up now." I sent him a glare before turning back to Peter lovingly. "It's okay, Pete. We're here."

"My life's already over. Wade and I broke up and--" I looked at Peter with a serious look. "Did...Wade do it?" 
Peter scrunched up his face at me. "No! It's not all about fucking Wade, Dad. For fuck's sake!"

I wasn't surprised when Steve didn't say language. It wouldn't be appropriate for the situation.

--Timeskip--

Peter ended up crying himself to sleep, and Steve cautiously placed Peter on the couch. It had taken a good...two hours for Peter to finally drain himself, and by then everyone was struggling to hold back their own. Bruce had arrived in that time, and stood awkwardly, watching as May sat beside Peter, running a comforting hand through his hair.

"How could someone do something like that?" Steve asked. May nervously looked over at me. "Anthony, this," May paused, looking down at Peter. "This has happened before."

I let out a short chuckle. I don't know why but I did. Whether it was to keep me from having a panic attack or to numb the fact at how ironic this situation is, I'll never know. "What?" My voice was high and cracked.

Natasha also looked shocked, as if she thought she knew everything and this new found information was something new to her. May nodded weakly. "He was four when his babysitter mole--" Clint gagged violently. "What the fuck!"

May grimaced at the thought; I couldn't help but agree with Clint's reaction. 

"How have you've been living in the Compound for a good two years and I didn't know about this? I know Peter wouldn't say anything but you?" May opened her mouth to say something but Friday spoke for her. "Sorry for interrupting but May has indeed told you off Peter's trauma. However, she was unaware you were drunk." I cringed at the thought of something so personal and vital of my knowledge to be so easily forgotten.

Bruce, who still stood sadly by the elevator, taped his checkboard. "I need to...perform, uh, test." I stood in confusion before it dawned on me. My attention spun back to the unconscious spiderling on the couch. For us to find out who raped Peter, we'd need DNA from his--

"Can't we avoid doing that?" Wanda asked, on the same page as me, rocking back and forth shyly. Bruce shook his head. "I'm sure it would be more 'accurate'," Bruce said in quotation marks. "If I performed the tests."

I looked at Bruce with sad puppy eyes, even though my face read all-business before realizing there was no arguing with him unless I didn't want the test to be performed correctly.