Chapter 7

"Ew, ew, ew, ew." I spoke as Nathan wrapped his strong, sweaty and wet arms around me. The boys had just come home from soccer practice and Liam had gone to jump in the shower upstairs meaning we were alone in the kitchen.

"You love it so don't pretend you don't." He replied with a smile before kissing my cheek.

"Maybe I do." I said before taking his sweaty face in my hands and kissing him properly.

"Yuck. Oldest brother still here guys so if we can keep the PDA to a minimum that would be fantastic." Alex's voice called but not loud enough for Liam to hear upstairs. He walked into the kitchen and across the room to the refrigerator to grab a can of Monster.

"Sorry Al." I apologized before going to back to my AP Biology homework. It was so annoying being the only one still in high school. But I only have a couple more months left and I'll graduate.

"Yeh sorry dude." Nathan agreed before picking up my bottle of water and taking a long slug. "Can I use your shower?" 

"Yeh sure." I replied not lifting my head from my notes. It was a regular thing when Liam was using the main shower for Nathan to use mine because he didn't like using the one in my parent's bathroom.

"Thanks Kate." He kissed my head and dropped my bottle of water back on the kitchen island in front of me before heading for upstairs.

"I'm serious Kate. I'm going back in 2 days and you'll have to be really careful if you're serious about sneaking around with Nathan. If you guys get caught god only knows what Liam will do." Alex explained sitting down 2 seats away from me around the corner of the island..

"We are being careful. I knew Liam was in the shower so that's why I kissed him." I responded casually, lifting my head up to face my oldest brother.

"I'm not talking about just now. I mean about this morning before the guys went to practice or last night in the screening room." He spoke getting a bit more serious than Alex usually was.

"Okay we will. We'll go over to Nathan's next time we wanna make out." I said smiling hoping that Alex would get uncomfortably with the conversation and drop it.

"Ew! Too much information. I do not want that imagine in my head every time you go to Nathan's thank you very much." He informed me before getting up and leaving me alone.

Maybe he was right. It would be much easier to get caught when Alex is gone back and isn't around to keep Liam occupied. Guess we'll just have to see how it goes and adjust things as needed when Alex leaves.

"Nathan." Liam's voice shouted as he walked into the kitchen.

"In the shower." I answered as I wrote down the correct answer for one of my Biology questions.

"I thought you we're in shower." Liam commented as he slid into the laundry room to throw his towel in.

"No Nathan's in mine cause you were in the main bathroom. " I explained without looking to see Liam.

"Oh okay." Liam spoke opening the cabinet and grabbing a packet of chips to eat. He walked over and started reading things from over my shoulder. "You're really taking this AP Biology thing seriously huh."

"Of course. I wanna study medicine and this is what I gotta do to do that." I answered after I wrote down the last answer to the questions that I had been assigned for homework.

"I'm proud of you Kate." Liam said before kissing the top of my head.

"Why are we proud of Katie." Alex asked as he strolled into the room casually.

"Because I wanna study medicine after high school."

"Oh yeh I'm proud of you too." Alex agreed.

"Better than mechanic over here." I laughed nodding at Liam who had walked towards the trash can to throw away his bag from him chips.

Liam and Nathan worked at the local garage. School was never his strong point and he said he could never face sitting in a classroom or lecture hall for another 2-3 years. So he his love of cars took over and he got offered a job at the garage and let's just say my dad was far from impressed.

"Shut up bookworm." He remarked with a smile

"Drop out." I threw back.

"What are you two fighting about now?" Nathan asked as he entered the room while drying his hair with the towel.

"Well it started as a compliment but Katie ruined the moment." Liam explained as Nathan stood beside him.

"Typical." Nathan spoke smiling. Rude.

"Well that's the last time I let you use my shower." I commented closing my Biology textbook.

"Fine then." Nathan replied as if it didn't bother him. I had another response in my head but decided against it when I remembered Liam was standing next to him.

"Shut-" I was cut off my the sound of a phone ringing. Nathan then stuck his hand into his sweatpants pocket and withdrew his phone. He took a quick glance at the caller ID before pressing decline.

"Mom or dad." Liam asked looking at Nathan as he placed his phone back in his pocket.

"Mom." He replied shrugging his shoulders slightly. I'm guessing this wasn't the first time he had been declining their calls.

"Dude not that I don't like you being here but maybe you should go home or at least answer their calls from time to time." Liam commented hoping to persuade his best friend.

"How many have you gotten?" I asked looking over at Nathan who was looking quite attractive with his damp messy hair.

"That would be 5 from mom and 3 from dad." Nathan told us as he calculated in his head. It was clear that he was not in any mood to face either of his parents at the minute.

"Okay let's make a deal." I spoke as they all looked at me with a weird look on their face wondering where I was going with this. " Nathan can stay here for one more night. But tomorrow you've gotta promise you'll at least call one of your parents back or better yet go home and see them in person."

"Okay I can live with that." Nathan agreed and so did the others.

"You sure dude?" Liam asked looking at his best friend not wanting the deal to upset him.

"Yeh Katie's right. I've gotta face this eventually." He insisted nodding his head and agreeing with me.

"Okay so let's make this a good night then." I spoke shutting my biology book over and the place it, my notebook and pencil case into my bag.

"Sounds good to me." Nathan spoke while both Liam and Alex agreed. I took my bag and placed it at the front door ready for school in the morning. Sunday nights can be so depressing thinking about another week of hell. Thank god only a couple months left.

————————————

We had a good night, the boys had a couple of drinks in the dean out the back while I drank equal amounts if not more bottles of water. I headed back into the house about 30 minutes ago cause I had school in the morning and didn't wanna be too tired when my alarm went off. 

I placed my phone on the counter in my bathroom and played some music as I washed my face, brushed my teeth and combed my hair before heading to bed.

I quickly stuck my phone on the charger before sticking on the tv and watching Friends until I eventually fell asleep.

———————————————

Hope you enjoyed another update. Really enjoying writing it so hope you enjoy reading it too.
Vote and comment as well.

Teaser: Nathan and Katie spend some quality time together and Katie convince Nathan to do something he's been avoiding for the last while.

-ky❤️