Chapter 5

Nathan's POV

"I'm back." Katie's voice called as the sound of the front door closing in the front hall caught our attention.

"This stays between us." Liam spoke quickly before his sister came in.

"Uh-huh. No problem." I agreed. Katie came walking in with several bags in her hands.

"Wow Kate did you leave anything in the mall." Liam commented with a smile as she placed them down on the floor.

"Shut up." She replied.

"So what ya buy me." I asked as she removed her jumper and rested it over the chair.

"Eh let me think. Oh yeh this." She spoke as she reached into a plain white bag. I smiled at the fact that she actually bought me something. When her hand came out of the bag it was holding a bottle. A medicine bottle to be more precise.

"What is that." Liam questioned with a confused look on her face that matched mine.

"Tylenol." She answered simply with a smile across her face. "You guys took the last 2 earlier."

"Wow thanks." I spoke sarcastically.

"Be grateful." She told me before hitting my shoulder. She then walked on into the kitchen leaving the bags on the floor where she dropped them.

"Tylenol seriously. You'd think with all the bags she has she would've got us something better." Liam said as he watched his sister leave the room and looked down at the bags across the floor.

"Yeh she got enough stuff anyway." I agreed looking at all the different bags Katie had brought in the door with her. Some from Hollister, Forever 21, Tommy Hilfiger, Supreme, Urban Outfitters, Victoria Secret and a couple more.

"So there is absolutely no food in the house. And that means we either go out and do some food shopping or order pizza and wait and go shopping tomorrow." Katie spoke walking back into the room with a bottle of water in her hand.

"Pizza." Liam and I said at the same time without even looking at each other. 

"Good choice." She replied taking a seat beside me on the couch.

"Eh Katie." Liam spoke up catching his sister's attention.

"Yeh." She asked looking over at him. He nodded his head towards the bags still sitting all over the living room floor.

"Oh yeh ha." She hopped up and grabbed her bags to take them upstairs. Once she walked out the door Liam turned to me.

"I wonder if there is any Monster in the fridge." He asked with a wondering look across his face.

"Didn't see any earlier." I answered thinking back to when I went to make tea and had to grab milk from the fridge.

"Damn, I'm gonna run out and get some before we order the pizza." He spoke getting up and walking into the kitchen. I jumped up and followed him.

"Want me to come with?" I asked walking into the kitchen to see Liam digging through the drawer where they usually keep all their keys.

"Nah it's okay. Will you ask Katie if she has seen my keys." He answered still digging through the draw.

"Sure." I made my way upstairs and to Katie's room. I knocked on her door because I didn't want to just walk in. 

"Come in." Her voice called from the other side of the door. I walked in to her room and couldn't see her. I presume she in her walk in closet so I made my way in there. "Hey."

"Liam wants to know if you've seen his keys." I asked her as she continued to put away the clothes that she had just bought.

"Eh my bag is on my desk check in there." She said digging through one of her boxes on the shelf. I walked back into her room and towards her desk. I lifted her bag and kinda felt bad for looking through her bag but she did tell me too so I guess there is no harm. I found the keys to Liam's gray Audi A7. I also found a small piece of paper with a phone number on it. Huh that's weird.

"Any sign." Liam shouted up the stairs pulling me from my thoughts. I took the keys and walked towards the top of the stairs.

"Here dude." I called throwing them down the stairs.

"Thanks." He replied catching them. "Tell Katie I'll be back in 20 minutes and to text if she needs anything for the store."

"Sure thing." I spoke before turning to walk back into Katie's room. "Hey Kate."

"Yeh." She asked sticking her head out from the closet.

"Liam headed out the store and said to text if you needed anything." I explained.

"Okay." She replied before heading back in to her closet.

"So get anything nice." I questioned sitting down at the chair next to her desk.

"Just a few different outfits." She answered casually.

"So that's what you got in Victoria Secret. Outfits ?" I asked sounding more confident than intended.

"Nope." She replied grinning. I was in shock at myself. Here I was flirting with Katie like it was no big deal. Liam would so kill me if he found out what was happening right now.. But at the same time she is flirting back so what was I supposed to do.

"So about that kiss the other night." I spoke up catching her attention.

"Yeh. It was eh good, really good actually." Katie answered. Maybe me liking her actually wasn't as one sided as I thought. Before I knew what was happening my legs were moving and I was getting closer to Katie with each step. Next thing I knew her back was pinned against the wall and I was the one doing it. What was I thinking?

My left hand sat on her waist and the other on her cheek. Was I actually gonna do this?
We were both leaning in when Katie's phone began ringing in her back pocket. I stepped back to let her away from the wall to grab her phone. I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck as she removed it from her back pocket and I swear I saw her eyes widen a bit.

"Hey." She spoke into her phone taking in a deep breath. "Yeh.... Eh I don't think so and anyway I can run out later if I do.....okay, thanks Liam. See ya soon." I could obviously only hear Katie's side of the conversation but when she said 'Liam' I realized why her eyes went slightly wide when she looked at her phone. It was basically a sign that we shouldn't have been doing what we were about to because of Liam.

"Damn." I whispered under my breath.

"Yeh Damn." She agreed obviously having heard me.Whoops! "Sooo."

I walked over and just kissed her. Her back was against the wall as her hands moved to my neck then through my hair. My hands moved down to her waist once again. I slipped my hands under her top and sat them on her bare waist once again.

The kiss got deeper as I licked her bottom lip looking for entrance which she granted. I can't believe what I was doing. I was kissing Katie. Liam would put my head through a wall if he ever found out.

I lifted her up and she naturally let her legs wrap around my waist. My legs moved us over to her desk chair and I sat down with Katie straddling my lap. Before things could get any more heated, the most unimaginable thing happened.

Katie's bedroom door opened.

Cliffhanger!!! I know, I know I'm sorry but have to make things a bit more interesting around here.
Any thoughts on the direction the story is heading?

Teaser: We found out who opened the door and what the consequences will be of Nathan kissing Katie. And a little bit of background to Nathan's parents.

-ky❤️