I watched Jessie as he looked over the papers carefully “ no dodgy deals Jessie and I mean it, we don't need an even worse reputation” he lifted his head up “ okay dad, you will be back in a year right?” I nodded my head “ one year to this date, if we come back and the gang is completely fucked then you are never ever going to get it”. Jessie stood up in his chair and put the papers on the desk “ okay, so where do I get the money from for the gang?” he asked “ this card” I said pulling the card from my pocket “ you shouldn't spend anymore the $500.000 dollars in a year and I will be checking Jessie” I handed him the card “ Jessie I'm counting on you, this will show me if you are really mature enough to look after something so big”. I pulled Jessie into a hug “ I trust you Jessie and I know you can do this just don't let your mom or I down” I pulled away and winked at him “ I better get to my beautiful wife” Jessie groaned “ dad shut up that's mom you're talking about” he shrugged “ you saw the pictures of her when she gave birth to you, you know she hasn't changed one bit since then and that was eighteen years ago” he still looked disgusted “ you will find a girl like me one day, maybe even a bad girl like your mom”.

I left the room and saw Ember sat on the sofa by her bags smiling at the photos in her hands even at thirty-nine she still looked like she was twenty, I dont think you could say that about me but she would. I jumped on the sofa and fell on top of her and she started to laugh loudly “ get off me old man” she screamed and I just dug my head into her neck and kissed her “ never old lady”. I kissed my way up her neck and came to her lips and started to kiss her quickly on the lips “ man I love you Ember so much” I said in between peppered kisses “ I love you to Hunter, but we really need to leave if we dont want to miss our flight”. I laughed and got off her and stood up to see Lilly looking over in shock “ mom and dad, please don't do that in front of me” I smirked “ Lilly come here” she walked over slowly leaving her suit cases by the stairs, when she was close enough I grabbed her by the hips and lifted her into the air and spun around quick making her hair fly in the air “ DAD! STOP!” she screamed and I laughed “ what do you say?” she groaned “ I LOVE YOU DAD, PLEASE CAN YOU PUT ME DOWN NOW” she screamed at the top of her lungs and I put her down “ I love you to baby, but we gotta leave now so get your bags and put them in the car”.

Lilly walked off mumbling things under her breath and I just laughed “ stop mumbling people will think you're weird” she just huffed “ dad you are so annoying sometimes” I smiled at her “ but you love me, go on quickly we will be late”. I watched her wheel her suitcases to the front door and then I turned to Ember “ we better say good bye to Jessie for a year” she smiled sadly “ I will miss my baby boy” I hugged her tightly “ he will be okay Ember, just think I lived on my own for a while he can do it for a year” she nodded into my chest “ yeah I know, lets just go say bye”. I took a hold of her hand and we walked into my office were Jessie was looking intently at the papers in front of him “ Jessie we are leaving now” Ember said sadly and Jessie looked up at her and smiled “ okay, I love you mom have fun in England, I will call you ever so often”, Ember let go of my hand and walked over to Jessie and pulled him into a huge hug and whispered some stiff into his ear and he smiled “ mom I will be okay, its only a year just think that I've gone to college for a year and can't visit home or something”. Jessie looked over at me and nodded his head and I nodded mine back “ remember what I said Jessie, I will see you in a year”.

Ember let go of Jessie and came back over to me “ we will see you in a year baby” Ember said and we walked out of my office leaving Jessie sat in my office looking over papers. Ember and i's bags were already in the car so we walked straight out of the house leaving it open and getting into the range rover and drove out of the drive way and onto the streets of California.

JESSIE'S POV

What I can gather from these papers is that dad didn't trust any other gang except these 8 gangs, his words keep replaying in my head “ I'm counting on you Jessie” what happens if I fuck up? I wont get the gang over and Ty's son will get the gang and we don't get along at all lets just say he's a dork in the year lower than me. One time he came up to me and no one comes up to me at school and starts talking to me like we're brothers or something, first of all no one talks to me and second just because his dad and mine are best friends doesn't mean we are. I run my hands through my hair making it messy and kicked back in the chair putting my feet on the desk... I could get use to this, its a shame I have school tomorrow. Yeah I know what you are thinking why do you not just go anymore because your parents aren't here anymore?, well you see I promised my mom I would keep my grades up. I looked around my dads office and looked over the pictures on the walls, most of them were him and mom and earlier when he said my mom was beautiful when she was younger he wasn't lying. The pictures look like they were taken just a few months ago my mom hasn't aged at all only a couple of wrinkles but that comes with age, where as dad he has aged a bit but he still looks like he's twenty five... hopefully I will get that gene.

My belly grumbled and I groaned if mom was here she would've of bought me food, I dropped my feet to the ground and walked out the office and into the kitchen and looked out the window at the dark sky it will be weird a whole year living in this house by myself. I opened the fridge door and grabbed the left over pizza from last night and a bottle of beer and put it on the kitchen counter, I shut the fridge door and grabbed the bottle opener from the draw and popped the lid off the beer and dropped the opener in the draw and closed it with my hip. I drank a mouthful of the beer and grabbed a slice of pizza and took a huge bite “ here's to living by myself” I toasted taking another chug of beer.

I finished my food and threw the box away as well as the empty bottle and headed up to bed, senior year starts tomorrow and like every school year I go and do the work and lay on my car bonnet and break and lunch smoking... yeah mom wasn't happy about that but she said that she couldn't stop e because she use to smoke but stopped when she found out she was having me. Dad still smokes so I usually smoked with him in the garden but he isn't here anymore and technically its my house for a year so I will smoke in here and just wash the walls before they get back. I kicked open my bedroom door and looked over the walls in my rooms, they were just plain white but were covered in different things such as records and posters my bed was right by the window that was half the size of the wall and across from the doors to the balcony.

I stripped from my ripped skinny jeans and blue button up into my boxers and crawled into bed, I sighed and looked out the balcony doors window at the moon... maybe looking after the gang will show that I'm grown up enough to look after something so important and I can prove dad right than he can trust me. I pulled my hands through my hair once again messing it up again, I yawned and looked over at the alarm clock next to my bed which read 1:56 I groaned and pulled my black covered over my head and closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep. 

so what do you think of Jessie so far? what do you think of the book so far? let me know in the comments!!

please please please vote/comment/share and follow it lets me know people re enjoying my book and i should carry on and im not writing it for no reason. 

thank you for readingggg 

:****

Emilyyyy