Chapter Eighteen

a/n: hi everyone!! I'm getting a paypal set up bc i'm going to start commissioning writing to those willing to pay a bit so i can get my starbucks fix and sis wants to start saving up for a car. And i may be making a patreon for those who want to get special oneshots and snippets of WD chapters early! if you're interested in buying a commission, keep an eye on the updates on this book! i'll post more info here once i get everything set up, along with prices set and such. DM me if you're interested!

Also!!! Endure, Outlast, Withstand is out now!! Be one of the first to read it! I've spent a lot of time planning for it and i'm constantly going back and making the prologue better.

Thank you for 200k reads!! Enjoy the chapter! <3

dedicated to TarryTheTarMonster bc they won the cover contest — congrats! and to GeekGirl0502 . feel better!! we love you and happy birthday to the baddest bitch i know, Locally_Gay!!

****

Michael's fingers were tapping on the steering wheel of his car, head bopping softly to the sound of Bob Marley's voice blessing his ears from the stereo of his PT Cruiser. Jeremy was in the passenger's seat, sitting there and looking out the window like those girls in the Indie music videos. Though there was nothing but crippling silence, the area was louder than a Panic! At The Disco concert. There were so many unsaid things being screamed in the car, breaking through the silence every once in a while. The two males didn't say a thing. Jeremy knew that what he was about to witness was going to answered all the questions overwhelming his current thoughts with screeches and scratches.

After a few more minutes of deafening silence, Michael pulled into the driveway of a small two-story house at the end of a cul de sac with a black roof and dusty brown shutters on the large windows on the front of the house. The Filipino took his car keys out of the ignition before looking over at Jeremy with an expression that mixed with sympathy and uncertainty all at the same time. The sound of Bob Marley's voice caressing their senses ceased and made the silence all the more unbearable.

"Are you ready to go inside?" Michael asked, breaking the silence that had been making Jeremy want to be nonexistent for the last fifteen minutes.

"Yeah." Jeremy responded, nodding his head softly to try and make himself not seem so stoic.

Jeremy turned his body to open the car door, a gush of winter wind slapping him in the face as he stepped out of the car. After closing the car door, Jeremy directed his attention in Michael's direction. He looked over the other males shoulder and focused on the brown grass behind his friend.

"Earth to Jeremy." Michael had repeated that saying a few times before Jeremy snapped out of his out-of-it trance.

The brunette shook his head and gave Michael a grin-like smile, "Yeah?"

"You were just out of it." Michael mumbled.

He brought his headphones further down his head until they plopped onto his neck before stuffing his hands into his pockets stubbornly. Michael turned towards the door and started walking with a slouched posture. Jeremy followed behind his obstinate friend until they stopped at the front door. Michael was staring at the door with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Do you want to go inside?" Michael asked, lips pursed uncomfortably.

"I'm sure. Why are you so worried about taking me inside?" Jeremy glanced at Michael.