Chapter Three

Soon enough, it was lunch. Michael and Jeremy met up as usual, sitting down in the back of the cafeteria when one of the shortest Juniors at their high school walked up to them.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Gay #1 and Gay #2?"

Rich.

Michael rolled his eyes, "What do you want, Rich?"

Personally, Jeremy was tripping the hell out. The night before he'd literally dreamt about Rich Goranski talking to he and Michael, and now he was. What the hell?

Rich had something in his hand. He tossed it onto the table, "This needs to be done by tomorrow."

"Rich, I suck at ma--"

"Shut it. You're nerds! You're good at this stuff."

Michael rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything.

And with that, Rich walked off. Jeremy was still dumbfounded. Michael looked over, cocking a brow. He put his hand under Jeremy' chin and pushed it up, closing his mouth.

"Are you okay, Jeremy?" Michael asked suspiciously, the brunette's dream not even coming to mind.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Jeremy shook his head to break himself out of the trance, "It's just that. . . He was in my dream last night, and now here he is. That's kind of ironic, y'know?"

Michael shrugged, "I guess."

****

The school day ended, the two rushing out of school per usual. They were on their way to Jeremy's again, when the brunette stopped at the main door of the school (worst place to stop).

Michael looked back, "You good?"

"Yeah, I just left something in a classroom. You go get the game started, and I'll meet you there. How does that sound?" Jeremy responded.

He shrugged again, "Okay. I'll see you in a bit." Michael walked off.

Jeremy let out a breath, then started to walk off. He pushed the door to the classroom open and stepped inside, lips pursing. The brunette's eyes scanned across the room, eventually landing on what he had forgotten: his backpack (how do you forget a backpack?).

He grinned slightly, then rushed over to the backpack. Once he got it, he turned to go back out into the hall when he saw Rich outside the door, getting into a small quarrel with Chloe. His brows were furrowed, and it was really sad that he was looking up at her. 5'2 ball of fury right there.

"Look," Rich started, "I know he's kind of a loser, but you can't be that mean to him, okay? He means a lot to me, and if Jake means a lot to you, I'd listen to me."

"Why are YOU out of all people threatening me?" Chloe towered over him with furrowing brows

"Because you need to be put into your place, cakeface!" Rich shot back.

The girl gasped, "I'm telling Jake you called me that, and that you fought with me in the first place! We'll see how that turns out for you two." Chloe scowled, then stormed off.

Rich sighed, then headed off in the opposite direction. Jeremy slowly left the room, then started speed walking out of there, just wanting to get from Point A (school) to Point B (his house). He didn't stop to talk to any teacher lingering in the hallway, he was just on his way.

****

Eventually, Jeremy ended up at his house with just breaking a very small sweat. That's it. When Jeremy reached the bottom of the basement stairs, he was met with something he didn't need to see. His eyes widened as he caught Michael on the couch, doing his. . . thing.

"Michael!" Jeremy screeched.

The Filipino shot up, eyes large, "J-Jeremy! Back so soon?"

He nodded slowly, not knowing what to say.

"Just. . . Give me a moment. . ."

Jeremy nodded, making his exit. He started walking backwards, then turned and started a mad dash up the stairs.

"Is everything okay?" Mr. Heere

The brunette nodded rapidly, "Yeah. I just walked in at the wrong moment. . ."

The father blinked, "Okay. ."

"You can come down now!" Michael exclaimed, projecting his voice.

Jeremy's body jumped slightly. He let out a breath, and made his way cautiously downstairs.

"Are you all good?" Jeremy asked.

Michael nodded, "Yeah."

The brunette let out a breath, then sat down next to his friend. He kept his distance slightly, a thick and awkward tension in the air.

"About that--"

"No, it's not a big deal, Michael. Believe it or not, I had a kind of similar moment last night, so. . . Don't sweat it."

Michael cocked a brow, "What do you mean?"

Jeremy blinked, trying to think of a way to backtrack, "Nothing! It's not important. Lets just move on, shall we?" He chuckled nervously.

The Filipino nodded cautiously, giving him a suspicious look for a moment. Soon enough, he just shrugged it off and got with the game.