Chapter Four

The next day rolled around. It was lunch time once again and Rich waltzed over to Michael and Jeremy's table. Rich slammed his hands onto the table, grinning slightly as his shadow casted over them.

"Do you got it?" Rich asked them.

Jeremy got his backpack from the floor and pulled out a cheat sheet to the homework Rich had he and Michael work on. All the answers on it were wrong, but that's for Rich to find out on his own.

"Sweet!" The shorter male rubbed his hands together with a mischievous grin on his face as he took the papers and slid it into his own backpack, "Can I have a word with you, Jeremy?" He asked afterward.

"Uh. . . Sure. . Why?" Jeremy asked.

"I'm glad you asked!" Rich took Jeremy's hand and dragged him off. Again, the height difference was very sad.

"Why did you pull me all the way across the cafeteria?" Jeremy asked once Rich had stopped moving his little legs.

"Because!" Rich started, flailing his arms, "I know that you saw and heard Chloe and I yesterday. I saw you." His eyes narrowed, "And I have to make sure you don't let it slip. If you do, I'll pound you into the ground. Got it?"

"I don't think you have enough strength in that little body to even slap me and make it hurt." Jeremy spat.

The blonde groaned, "You're so annoying, tall ass! Just, don't let it get out, okay?!"

"What do I get out of keeping my mouth shut?" The brunette asked, cocking a brow.

Rich hesitated, then sighed, "You get my protection from school assholes."

"And?"

"And? There is no and. That should be good enough!"

"Fine," Jeremy played with the bottom of his cardigan, "it's a deal."

"Good!" Rich grinned, "I'll see you later, tall ass." And with that, Rich walked off. He approached Michael since Jeremy went in the other direction, "Did I do it right?" He asked.

"Yeah." The Filipino nodded, "You didn't threaten him, did you?"

Rich hesitated, "Well. . ."

Michael rolled his eyes, "Whatever."

The blonde rolled his eyes back, then walked off.

****

"Jeremy?" Michael called out, stepping into the boys bathroom to see if he was in there, "Are you in here?"

"Go away, Michael." A voice said.

Instead of that scaring Michael off, it only drew him in more. Michael stepped further in cautiously, making sure his steps weren't too loud.

"Jeremy, are you okay?" He asked, closing the door behind himself.

"I'm fine," the brunette answered.

"Which stall are you in?"

"The handicapped one."

Michael rolled his eyes, then tugged on the stall handle, "You gotta unlock it, bud."

Jeremy sighed heavily, got up, and walked over to the door. Michael heard the click of the stall unlocking, then pushed the door open. When Michael saw Jeremy, he wasn't crying. He was just. . Angry. Angry that someone would do something like that, violate his privacy like that. He was frustrated with the situation, but Jeremy wasn't one of those frustrated criers. He was humiliated, yes, but that didn't overrule the rest of his emotions.

"What's got you so upset?" Michael asked him with an endearing tone as he closed the door.

Jeremy sucked in a breath, "I just made a deal with Rich Goranski. That's not good! Do you remember what happened last time I made a deal with him?!"

Michael sighed and laughed slightly, "Oh, I remember! You had dicks spray painted on your locker for weeks!"

"No need to remind me." He shuddered

Michael grinned, "Well, do you want to do a rendition of that dare just to get Rich out of your head?" He asked

"W-What?" Jeremy's eyes were wide. His face flushed into a red color, "Are you serious?"

"Serious as a heart attack." Michael responded, face blanking.

"I, uh," the brunette stammered for an answer.

Michael chuckled, "I'm just messing with you!" He punched the brunette's shoulder softly.

Jeremy rubbed his shoulder where Michael punched it, "Oh. . ." His voice trailed off.

Michael wasn't. He wouldn't admit it though, he was too prideful to.

"Seriously, are you okay?" Michael asked, tone changing.

"Does it look like I'm okay, Michael?" Jeremy snapped, "Because no. I'm not. So don't waste your time asking."

Michael blinked, taken aback. He hoisted himself off of the floor and stepped back.

"Since when are you aggressive like this?" Michael asked him, "You never used to be like this, especially when someone tries to help you. Nevertheless me." He stepped back once again, his backpack pushing the stall door open, "Just. . . Just forget I asked."

Jeremy sighed, "Michael, wait." He grabbed the tan males wrist, keeping him from leaving.

"I-Im sorry. I'm just a bit on edge.." He explained, scratching the back of his neck with his free hand.

Michael nodded, "It's fine." He gave Jeremy a half smile.

"A-And besides. It's not like we would ever do something like that with each other. . . Again. We're best friends! I would never fall for you, don't worry." The brunette let out a small laugh.

That hurt. Michael showed Jeremy an artificial smile, "Y-Yeah. Just best friends. Totally." Michael laughed it off as he wiggled his wrist from Jeremy's hold.

Jeremy didn't notice Michael's newfound uncomfort.

"Well. . . I'll give you a minute." Michael told him, stepping out of the stall and closing it behind him.

Michael left the bathroom, his breath a little shaky. He ran his fingers through his hair, a bit of stress coursing through his veins. Michael overall felt unsettled about the whole thing, whereas Jeremy felt the exact opposite.

Jeremy, on the other hand, was doing better. His stress and overall panic were started to wear off. He was lucky to have a friend like Michael to always calm him down and get him out of states like that.

All Michael could hope was that tomorrow would be better. Tomorrow's a new day! Tomorrow can't be that bad, right?

Wrong.

****

a/n: if you think you missed anything in the rich and Michael scene, you didn't!! it's intentionally confusing so just pls keep on reading! It explains itself