Chapter Fifteen

a/n: it feels like it's been a year since i've posted a chapter baha anyways so sorry for not updating!! I'm on house crew for my school musical (which has ended by the time this chapter is posted), have finals soon, FBLA competition this week and softball open gym since i'm trying out!! And auditions for my school play this week too so (: haha rip me bc i'm also joining key club can't wait for the second semester bc this will die down and i'll be updating more regularly

****

Conversation between Michael and Jeremy had been bleak. The two were just in the midst of small talk and long, awkward silences. Jeremy was running his fingers up and down the straps of his backpack as he and Michael slid in between groups of passing people in the hallway. Michael wasn't saying anything, lips sealed shut and eyes focused on the road (metaphorically) ahead of him.

Jeremy glanced at his friend after he realized Michael had stopped walking with him, "Is this your stop?"

Michael nodded, "Yeah. . . Key Club meeting." He nodded, "I'll see you later, Jeremy." The Filipino said, walking into the classroom that he had previously been standing in front of.

Jeremy had put his hand up to do their signature handshake, but Michael was already gone before he had the chance to notice. The brunette's smile was washed off his face and his shoulders slumped. Jeremy sighed then walked off, dragging his feet a little.

The Filipino glanced back at Jeremy through the window near the classroom door, letting out a breath he'd been holding in. He pursed his lips, then turned to his club mates and grinned softly. Though unexpected, this is where he thrived most. Right as Michael turned towards the classroom, he made eye contact with Rich (who was talking to someone who was only shorter than him because the person was sitting down). Rich grinned at Michael, nodded, then looked back at the person who he was having a conversation with. After that, the meeting started.

****

Brooke and Jeremy were walking down the hall. It was passing period, and the two usually walked to this class together. Jeremy had caution in every step, getting a bit wearier with each one.

"What's wrong?" Brooke looked up at Jeremy, the tough silence between them slowly lifting.

"I'm just worried," is all that Jeremy responded with before sucking in a breath and continuing, "I think that Michael's mad at me."

"Why would Michael be mad at you?" Brooke waited patiently for his response

"I just told him something I think I shouldn't have told him."

Brooke sighed sympathetically, "I'm sure things will work out. It'll just take some time. I think. I don't know what's going on between you."

"It's really complicated and messy." Jeremy replied, "It's not something that you would want to know. . ."

The girl hesitated but didn't say anything. She nodded and kept her mouth shut. What if she did want to know? What if she didn't want to be left in the dark where Chloe had left her all those times before? Brooke looked forward, gulping. That same awkward silence that there was before she had started speaking had come back; but stronger.

****

Jeremy had just felt awkward and out of place the last few days. Ever since he told Michael about what was going on inside his head, things weren't the same between he and his best friend. His awkwardness with Michael was rubbing off on his other friendships as well. Brooke barely spoke to him, Jenna wasn't tweeting about him and the casual friends he had in different classes to fill the silence.